“Poor experience but great views .”
Review of Cioni's

Cioni's
Ranked #53 of 72 Restaurants in Penarth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Poor experience but great views .”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went for coffee and a snack yesterday , despite asking for black coffee with a splash of milk we were given black coffee with half a pint of whole milk splashed in it . Coffee was tasteless , but the lady who served us was so sullen. No smile or welcome, despite my smile towards her . We agree go elsewhere for tidy coffee and food .........and probably pay less for better quality and a welcome .

1 Thank rosycottage

London
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great Location but that's about it.

I had a hot drink that had no Taste other as hot milk drink! Another poster has said go into town to get a proper coffee and that is the best advice I can give. The drink was so tasteless I didn't order anything else! If you can't a hot drink right it doesn't sound that good does it.

The Lady's toilet was out of action! What it does it take to get a plumber. I will not be going back.

The drinks you have to get your self no service and they were in my view expensive.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peter J
Cwmbran
“No welcome, no "thanks for coming, please come again", food was disgusting !”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had lunch here yesterday (Saturday 09:06:12), food was very poor, there was no welcome, no how is your meal and we were totally ignored upon our departure. This establishment does not deserve to keep on trading ! On the plus side the view is very nice.

3 Thank Tim W
Cardiff, UK
“Not the best”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The location of this establishment is prime. Lovely views, kids play area, ample free parking etc etc.
I have to eat here occasionally as its a relatives highly favored place of choice.
The seating area is extremley cramped and leaves very little room for movement, I dread anyone with mobility problems or parents with small children. I think the owner is trying to provide everything for everyone, very much so much on display around the counter in a very small space. The food I have eaten here each time is very much at the average end of the scale bordering on the lower end for some items, especially the fries. I have never had a "fresh" tasting cake here either. Also be aware of the condimemt sauces, tomato and brown are certainly of a very cheap inferior variety. Given the standard of the food the prices are on the high end of things.
Staff have been ok but nothing special.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cardifftop1
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Spend your money somewhere else!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Totally unimpressed with this establishment, go into town for a decent cappuccino!

Visited April 2012