“Lovely location and very good food”
Review of The Fig Tree

The Fig Tree
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Penarth
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Independent Restaurant, Owner Managed, Affordable Fresh Food. Everything prepared and cooked on site. Local free Range & Organic Meat, Fresh Sustainable Wild Fish, Local Seasonal vegetables. Great Views, Relaxed Atmosphere, Friendly Staff. All in this wonderful Victorian former beach shelter & life boat station.We welcome those with special dietary requirementsGold winner of Wales True Taste Best Restaurant in Wales 2012/13We look forward to seeing you at The Fig Tree. Mike & Sandie
Fishguard, United Kingdom
“Lovely location and very good food”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had lunch here on saturday - very busy but we'd booked an outside table so that was OK, the views are lovely from here and the fish and chips was very good, the lemon possett was delicious.

1 Thank Pam M M

Barry South Wales
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We took both mothers out for Mothering Sunday. We have had some past disasters with mothers day meals and I booked this on the basis of other TA reviews with fingers crossed.

Everything was helped by a lovely sunny day, bearing in mind its still March we were able to sit outside with a bottle of wine as we had arrived early. The service was excellent, the food far better than I expected, even my picky father could not find fault. We requested the vegetables to be cooked till they were soft, they gave us extra gravy, service with a smile, and checked in regularly to see that all was fine. My mother in law was off colour and it was noticed that she had not cleared her plate. They even offered her something else - going that extra mile makes a difference. I think my parents will go back under their own steam, and I know I will.

1 Thank pula888
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent sunday lunch”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Took my mother who is in her 90,s and really enjoyed the sunday lunch. We had Welsh lamb and the really liked the whole dining experience. Staff helpful and and we were not rushed. Excellent food and views over the bristol channel superb. Well recommended.

2 Thank michaeldb
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“wonderful food,wonderful views.”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My partner and I took our daughter and a few friends to have Sunday lunch at The Fig Tree a week ago.We had passed a few times whilst strolling along the esplanade with the dog.It certainly looked inviting with tables on a lovely veranda overlooking the renovated pier and across to Somerset.We were not disappointed.It was a glorious spring Sunday and the tables outside were full with diners either enjoying the wonderful food or kicking back with a glass of red watching the sailing regatta in the hazy sunshine do their picture postcard tacking and turning.We had a big table inside with wonderful views through the expansive picture windows.What could be nicer.The Sunday lunches were delicious,beautifully cooked using local ingredients and generously portioned.The staff were smart and attentive.My beef dinner was cooked to perfection.My partners chicken equally so.With my lunch I enjoyed a gorgeous,intense,full bodied red.After dinner we all had an ice cream from the vendor in a little shop below The Fig Tree and gently meandered along the sea front watching the boats.Wonderful day.

2 Thank 940Stephen
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch and Service!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Enjoyed one of the best Sunday lunches we have ever experienced at The Fig Tree yesterday. Everything was cooked to perfection, the atmosphere was great and wonderful attention was paid by all staff in a packed restaurant. Well done everybody and we will undoubtedly be returning to The Fig Tree much more often,

2 Thank Sharon K