A short break for 2 families with 4 children, 2 vegetarians, 1 vegan including a child with multiple dietary requirements. The River Cafe were superb. We phoned ahead to advise Jane, Alex and the Team of the situation and they took care of everything.
Food was fabulous, and unlike the previous reviewer we had no issues with illness - a number of us even had a variety of seafood dishes.
We will be returning and recommending the River Cafe B&B to our friends and families.
As well as good food and accomodation they are next door to Wye Valley Canoes who arranged a two day Canoe trip down the Wye with a guide to ensure we were safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the river at Glasbury, 4 miles from Hay-on-Wye the River Café is a café/restaurant with 5 rooms, a bunkhouse and a canoe centre. The rooms are simple, modern and ideal for a base to explore this wonderful area. The Brecon Beacons National Park is just a short drive away and we are on the Sustran Cycle Network and the Wye Valley Walk. We get a lot of paddlers with their own canoes staying before they set off downstream. The breakfasts in the café are a treat with great coffee and a full English breakfast to set you up for the day. We are a small family run business with an entirely local staff who can help you with things to do in the area and where to walk. Return to the café in the evening for freshly cooked food and a glass of wine on the decking. What could be better! Please note we are open 7 days a week from 0830 but early close in the winter months (4pm) from Sun-Tues. Weds to Sat open 0830 till late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The River Cafe B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River Cafe Hotel Glasbury-On-Wye
- The River Cafe Bed And Breakfast
- The River Cafe B&B Glasbury-On-Wye, Wales