“Very good food, great service. Best in the area!!!”
Review of The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly opened - May 2009. Penrhyndeudraeth is abour 2 miles from Porthmadog, 1 mile from Portmeirion. It is the only restaurant in the village and by far the best indian restaurant in the area. Serves Bangladeshi cuisine, full of flavour and more like home-made.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Wasn't expecting great things, but having tried the other mediocre local curry houses, thought I may as well give this one a try...

Well how wrong was I... It's actually very good. Even on a very hot evening the dining area was presented quite nicely and air conditioned. The waitress was very welcoming, efficient and sociable.

To compliment the hospitality the food was also very good. Very flavoursome, well presented and good portion sizes. Having visited many Indian restaurants this in one of the better ones and In my opinion, the best curry house in the Porthmadog area.

Don't be put off by the bland exterior, its we'll worth a visit. We'll be visiting again soon - highly recommended.

1  Thank TenaciousADJ

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Tasty food served by very smiley and chatty guys. Vegetarian friendly. Not busy on a weekday evening in the restaurant but seemed to be doing a good trade in takeaway orders. Good value too but only takes cash. Best Indian we've had for ages and definitely worth visiting.

2  Thank BreakfastFan
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Don't stand outside to read the very extensive menu..take our word for it and enjoy a Bangladesh meal from any of the items listed, with or without chips/bread/rice. If you want an English version, or something mild, that can be individually arranged, and the chips are thin, crisp and good. Portions are substantial. On the night we called meals were half price so we ate well for £9 for 2 people!... well deserving a tip on top! Outstanding value and Lucy will suggest meal ideas and share local news and views into the bargain.

2  Thank wyntyll
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I visited here on the 15th June for the sixth anniversary party of the restaurant. The food served was amazing. It was by far the best indian food I have had in North wales. The manager and chef were extremely friendly and the chef even offered to cook up some dishes especially for us. Within the week I had visited the place twice again with more friends and family so they can try the food. I am thankful to the manager for inviting us, the service and the variety of dishes offered to us. If you are looking for good indian food around north wales this is definitely the place!

2  Thank GladDiner
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I ate here with my parents as we were staying in a cottage nearby. The welcome was warm, the food excellent, and great value. It was not very busy, so the service was very efficient. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are nearby.

2  Thank Cowlamprincess