“A good choice”

Brynllydan Country Guest House
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here for one night on 19th May. the rooms was comfortable, the food was excellant and the atmosphere very welcoming. The icing on the cake was the views from the garden, and just check out the paintings on the wall of North Wales scenes, We will definatley stay again in the future

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksawyer_11
There are newer reviews for Brynllydan Country Guest House

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Had a most wonderful three night stay, very cosy friendly atmosphere, excellent choice on the evening menu and really good locally sourced breakfast, we will definatly be coming back here again, thank you Colleen for being such a welcoming hostess and making us feel so welcome. Cass and Robert.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel with friends at the end of March for (sadly) only one night and had the most enjoyable evening spent in the restaurant and subsequently the bar. Colleen made us so welcome and went out of her way to make our stay a memorable one. The food was outstanding and the room really comfortable.with a beautiful view. Thank you so much to Colleen and her staff for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annexe with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have just stayed at The Brynlldan for my 3rd time, and can't rate it highly enough. Colleen the owner is always very friendly and approachable and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The location of the hotel is superb and you can really feel "away from it all" I like the breakfast menu very much, and I had evening meals over my 3 night stay which again were all very good. I can't wait to return again, and would recommend this hotel to my friends and relations without hesitation. When I visit this area of North Wales it is over 300 miles from where I live, but knowing I have found a great place to stay makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms 5,6 and 7 have great views
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed at Brynllydan on one of those beautiful days at the end of March. Booked from the Internet and like others - took the gamble. It was a delightfully welcoming and caring place to stay. Beautiful surroundings and excellent, freshly prepared food. We even took the idea of the electronic bathroom mirror home to have in our new bathroom! Aiming to stay again next year and explore more of that unspoilt part of Wales whilst enjoying the comforts of home.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I booked this on the internet and thought I was taking a gamble - if I was I must have won the jackpot. Four of us stayed for one night (unfortunately) as it is the sort of place you arrive at and do not want to leave in a hurry. The venue is delightful with lots of lovely personal touches, the scenery around is amazing, the food is outstanding and the staff couldnt have been nicer - a little gem!

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This stay of only two days with my wife and mother-in-law was so good that I find myself writing a review (I never write reviews but I came away with a real sense of excitement at having discovered somewhere special)! The location is superb: whether sitting outside in the sun or in the bar with a glass of sauvignon blanc the view is spectacular. And at breakfast, with the mist over the estuary framed by the mountains and in the middle distance a moving white plume of smoke from an early steam train: I will never forget that image.
The narrow lane and then track to the hotel from the A4085 is 'interesting' but not a problem, though it might be in icy conditions. The 1:50,000 O.S. map shows the hotel clearly (marked Hotel) but the 1:25,000 is inaccurate because the hotel is where it says Brynllydan and not where it says Hotel. Don’t follow road signs into the hamlet of Llanfrothen, stay on the A4085.
The rooms are clean and spacious. All the rooms seem to have been purpose built which means there are no funny quirks, good insulation etc. Carpets are new and the walls of rooms and corridors are white which adds to the feeling of cleanliness. The bed was comfortable and I liked the duvet cover design. The shower worked well and I believe that the avocado suites are being replaced this winter.
It was unexpected to find a small hotel with such a quality restaurant. It passed my carrot test, i.e. the vegetables were perfectly cooked being neither al donte nor mushy. The Sunday roast was delicious and so were my lamb chops. The great advantage of such a restaurant on site is that one does not have to drive and I found the wine list exactly to my taste even though I never managed to try beyond the house wines on this occasion. Breakfast too was excellent.
We could not fault the welcome or the service, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Colleen clearly cares passionately about her hotel and is keen to improve it still further. This is an excellent small hotel and we will return.

Room Tip: Half the rooms have the same exceptional view that you get from the bar and lounge; only one room do...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrhyndeudraeth
Hotel Portmeirion
#1 of 6 in Talsarnau
Tudor Lodge
Tudor Lodge
#2 of 12 in Porthmadog

Been to Brynllydan Country Guest House? Share your experiences!