“sturgis trip”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Los Lunas, New Mexico, United States
“sturgis trip”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is by, by far the absolute BEST place to stay when traveling to the Sturgis Bike Rally. The staff is extremely friendly and the hospitality is AWESOME! Ryan, Shirley, kayla, Ray, Jay, Laura, and Miriam are the friedliest staff. You have to stay here to know!!!! Mike and Jackie Sidden Los Lunas, New Mexico

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family of 5 enjoyed our stay here very much. The rooms were clean, the pool well cared for, the staff was friendly and helpful, and my kids looked foreward to breakfast every day. It is 1-2 miles outside Keystone which came in very handy as it was the beginning of the Sturgis rally! It is a great location between the actuvities in Rapid City and Keystone/Custer State Park.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Well, I'd purchased a groupon for this hotel and didn't have any trouble with booking. I later extended my trip by one day. When I checked in I explained to the clerk that I had two separate reservations because of the extension. He assured me that this would be fine and we could just stay in our rooms. Well after the first two nights, our keys didn't work. I was not alarmed because I was pretty sure they just hadn't extended the life of the keys for the additional day. When I get to the desk to explain to the clerk that I had separate reservations, she asks me my name, looks me in the face with a smirk on hers and tells me that she doesn't have a reservation for me. Those words are my worst nightmare. I had 4 kids, a toddler and 2 senior citizens traveling with me. She didn't even try to troubleshoot before she delivered that horrible blow. After I stood there astonished, she then looked up my reservation and saw that I did have a reservation for that night. She gave a bogus xcuse about the keys not working because they r keyed before patrons arrive. That was not the case for me because I watched the clerk key mine. The hotel was pleasant enough. The breakfast was nice. It was convenient to attractions. I probably wouldn't stay here again but only because of my experience with the clerk.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joann T
Switzerland
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We usually love the Best Western, but this time the hotel was not as good as we expected. It is not a terrible hotel, but it does not deserve the "Plus" category. Also, the price was relatively high if compared with what it offered. I would try other hotel in Keystone or in Rapid City.

• Stayed July 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hotel was nice, rooms where clean, The free Breakfast was pretty decent, the staff in the Breakfast room where very friendly, they where doing a pretty good job.my only complaint will be the Pool & the elevator, they both could use some work. other than that It was a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you want to stay in Keystone itself, don't stay here because you cannot walk to town. However, this is quiet, close to everything. Mt. Rushmore is ten minute drive. We agree with previous review about the elevator---it catches on the start up and probably would have been a concern in a 30 story hotel. Also agree on poor water pressure at times. The breakfast was actually very good, well above average. The beds were excellent. If you are planning a first visit with family to the Black Hills don't base yourself in Rapid City. Stay in the towns. This was a very good location for all we did. Beds were great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
brut, Owner at The Lodge at Mount Rushmore, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Please advised that all of the maintenance items have been addressed. We take great pride in this property and maintenance issues are always promptly addressed.

We like our breakfast too and I make a point to always have a few selections that are a
pleasant surprise for our guests.

Tips on where to stay in the Black Hills: This reviewer is correct in that the more interesting
locations will be in the small communities. Plus
these locations offer easy access to the area
attractions and are generally more memorable.

Happy Travels!
Upstate NY
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for three nights because I could find NOTHING else in the area. It was a bit pricey ($170/night, AAA, 2 queens). Amenities were ok. There is a pool (average) and they offer a decent breakfast. It is NOT walking distance to town and that was disappointing. The elevator is also a little sketchy. The showers were a joke--seriously, I started to shower in the morning and the water decreased to a trickle at times. Not fun. The worst, though, was when we were touring our second day and I got a call from the management saying that the maids were packing up our things because we had only booked for one night. WHAT??? My records said 3 nights, theirs said 1. Oh, my gosh. I was in a huge panic because (as I said before) there was NOTHING else. The manager was very nice about it and said he would help us out. He did. He got us booked into the K Bar S. I'll review that one in a separate review, but suffice it to say, if I return to this area, I will be staying at the K Bar S.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Roosevelt Inn
Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Suites
K Bar S Lodge
K Bar S Lodge
#1 of 14 in Keystone

Been to The Lodge at Mount Rushmore? Share your experiences!