Holy Smoke Resort
K Bar S Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$241
$120
Brookside Motel(Keystone)
$107
$79
All reviewsblack hillshistoric cabinswitch cabinsexcellent cabinoutdoor porchbedroom cabincuster state parkgreat place to staythese cabinsbad smellsouth dakotarapid cityquiet settingrelaxing stayfour nightsclose proximitynight stay
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here 2 years in a row now over the 4th of July! Dani is a very nice lady and we enjoyed meeting her little dog also! We are looking forward to staying in the bigger new cabins once they are finished! The cabins are located in a very nice location surrounded by trees! I am from Custer, SD so we enjoy coming up to the Hills every summer! We stayed in the cabin w/a loft(GREAT view) & this last visit we stayed in the 2 bedroom cabin! We have 3 children & it worked out just fine!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Darcy W
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at Holy Smoke Resort from July 11th through 14th while on vacation. We stayed in cabin #1 and found it to be rustic and quaint. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker available. The refrigerator came in handy when we had leftovers from the huge meal at the resort's restaurant. Across the street from the resort, you can schedule trail rides. My daughter and I took a 1-hour trail ride at a very reasonable rate. The female handler was very nice and accommodating. Downtown Keystone is a few minutes drive and there is so much to do including restaurants, panning for gold, shopping, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse memorial, Custer State Park, and Wind Cave National Park. All in all, we had a nice time at the Holy Smoke Resort. My daughter was a bit disappointed that the Wi-Fi was weak but she could get full strength if she sat on the porch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ParkerRoadtrippers
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at the Holy Smoke Resort in 16a duplex. The kids loved the loft area and it gave my wife and I some time to relax. Great location for all black hills activities. The resturant is a must, great good and phenomenal service. Our cabin was clean and private. The bathroom area could use a little updating but it is a cabin.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ST051674
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills area. It is close to Keystone and about 10 minutes from Mt. Rushmore. We stayed in cabin 6 which is a duplex. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was far enough away from the highway that you didn't hear the traffic. On our last night there, we slept with the windows open. The restaurant was also very good and of course we had the ribs. My ONLY complaint is like many of the other reviews--the Wi Fi was very weak. I had to go to the office to get a strong enough signal to check email. Would I stay here again???--Absolutely, only this time in a single cabin.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pollyparrott
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a wonderful resort to spend your vacation at! Clean rooms and beatuiful atmostphere....we smiled every time we drove up to our cabin. I can't wait to come back and enjoy this place and all the wonderful things that the Black Hills have to offer. Serioulsy one of the BEST vacations I've ever been on.

Room Tip: might bring your own pillow if you don't already do so but that's true of most hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family