“friendly staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Keystone Near Mt. Rushmore
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed June 11, 2012

i had a 3rd floor room it was nice perfict for my three kids my wife and i with the pull out bed and 2 tvs and a view of the hills was great beds where cumfy staff was verry friendly clarence was a big help to us finding the fun things to do in and around keystone

Room Tip: 3rd floor is worth the extra coust

Reviewed June 10, 2012

In 40 years of traveling. I have never been so screwed. No view. Suppose to see MT. Rushmore. What a lie. We had a Suite. What a joke. Please don't risk staying here. It could be the worse hotel you have ever chosen. I'm mad the Hotel was given to me as a Choice thanks Teip Advisor. Where were the bad reviews??? I want a refund. The toilet didn't work. After a service man came by. Nothing like putting ur hand in the tank to flush. :(. Grr

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Mpar007
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Quick stop on a bike ride thru SD. Randy was excellent and got me close to the hot tub.
Wife and I enjoyed the night

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

When I booked our room and told the reservation agent that we had a pet, I wasn't given any choices of room types. I was willing to pay more for a better room but wasn't given an option. Once at the hotel I figured out why. It seems there is one hallway that they put all pet owners on and the hallway smells and the rooms haven't been updated in probably 30 years. The room was miniscule and we had to stack stuff on top of each other just to be able to walk about the beds. The mattresses were old and uncomfortable as well. Maybe if you don't have a pet you can ask for a better room but be prepared to stay in a crappy room if you have an animal. I also didn't find the staff very friendly, the pop machines didn't always work, no shampoo/conditioner in the rooms. In other words, definitely no "extras". The room was the cheapest we stayed in ($80) during the trip but the room we had shouldn't go for more than $30 a night. Also, to get to the main street in Keystone where the shops and restaurants are, you must hike down a large hill from the hotel to street level and then of course hike back up it once you're ready to come back to the hotel. No shortcuts, nothing to assist guests in getting to the main street. As you can see, I wasn't impressed.

2  Thank LovethebeachPhx
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Randy greeted us at the front desk and gave us a military discount. That was greatly appreciated. Our dog was welcome, and that was a huge plus! Only glitch was the first room given to us used to be a smoking room. I went back to the front desk and Randy kindly switched us to non-smoking room. The rooms are very tight and small, but that doesn't really matter much since we used the room only for sleeping and showering. My husband enjoyed the free coffee (available 24/7). This hotel doesn't offer any breakfast.

Room Tip: Check the room before purchasing to make sure it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke if you are s...
1  Thank Shannon W
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. We appreciated the free guest laundry-that was a nice surprise! The staff was very helpful and accommodating, Randy and Clarence were especially helpful. It looks like I gave the restaurant a bad rating, that isn't true, there just wasn't one- but there were many close, and they did offer discount coupons.

Room Tip: We like no-smoking, and there were plenty. It's on top of a hill, it's quiet. The rooms are...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I called and got a quote of $95, told them I was going to be right there for that room and quote. I arrived 5 min later and they sold that room and would not offer me another room for that quote. They gave me a room for $130 and said that was already discounted so they wouldnt give me the military $5 off. While checking in I heard Clarence (who was very rude to us - no customer service skills at all) lie to another customer getting a quote. He said the room rate was $149 for the same room we got, I told the guy clarence was lieing to him and we just got it for $130.

Room Tip: Drive to a surrounding city-town to save some $ on a room. Book online far in advance.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Keystone hotels
Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 13 in Keystone
Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Keystone Near Mt. Rushmore? Share your experiences!