“First time in a wax museum”

National Presidential Wax Museum
Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour
Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Where History Hails the Chief Located in the shadow of Mount Rushmore in the historic town of Keystone, the National Presidential Wax Museum is an impressive highlight on any traveler's itinerary. Featuring the works of world-famous wax artist Katherine Stubergh, the National Presidential Wax Museum features over 100 life-size wax sculptures of some of the most iconic figures in American history. We invite you to witness the history of American Democracy from its inception. Also featuring: State of the art narration system for each visitor to the museum. Historic artifacts including President Bill Clinton's own red, white, and blue saxophone (courtesy of the National Music Museum) and Florida's controversial ballot boxes from the 2000 presidential election. A spacious gift shop with fun, quirky gifts that can't be found anywhere else in Keystone. Exhibit featuring the original oil paintings of the famed illustrator and painter Harvey Dunn.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Take some time to listen to the audio tour about every president, Gen. Custer and the natives. You will learn a few things. The on-going video at the beginning shows how the figures are made - interesting. I would have like to be able to sit to watch it. The artistry is amazing! I am so glad it was raining because we may not have gone!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed this museum. I am surprised how slow this place was. Do not overlook this place. Very cool and informative. We stopped because my wife really loves presidents and history, but I enjoyed it also.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amazingly interesting. There was nothing I disliked. It is hard to take it all in as there is so much to see.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised there weren't more people taking advantage of this awesome museum! The wax models were so lifelike you almost thought their eyes were following you. This activity kept our family busy for a good two hours and was a great value in my opinion. We all learned a great deal from the audio tour and the facts and stories that were told seemed to be rather unbiased which was refreshing.

1  Thank blondi1517
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was really surprised by this stop. The work that has been done to capture the images and events in the lives of the presidents is fantastic. I enjoyed this tour. The narration on the tour can be a bit long winded, but I'm an historian so knowing most it already might have a lot to do with it, but it is well worth the time and koney

1  Thank Divefool