“Don't stay here”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Pocatello
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We were in a room that was noisy. You could here the elevator at night and the music they play outside comes on at 7am. The refrigerator was full of food with a leaking bag of red blood from the meat left behind. The sheets had hair on them. Onse you give them your credit card and sign the paper your are locked in, no refunds. Having no breakfast available was the pits. We did eat at one of their rest. and the breakfast wasn't very good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
dante012
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The desk staff and manager where horrible... I have never been yelled at our treated in such a horrible way! Never again... what is service in this country coming too! Rude people! Don't ask for a thing extra and pray the electric doesn't go out because everything including their safety devices run on it! Dangerous and horribly rude!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dante012

Travelers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We stayed at one of the off site A-frames and it was really nice and clean. We even saw deer on the property and the view at night of Mt. Rushmore was amazing. But we had to drive to the hotel to use the pool and there was no where like a locker room to change. Plus the whirlpool had tons of white foam, which was not good and the pool was cold.

Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
N.E. Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The rooms are average and the location is very good but that's where it ends. There was an extremely ignorant, nasty young girl in the restaurant that completely ruined our trip. The first morning at breakfast I asked this waitress for a glass of water with my breakfast , which was a buffet. All she had to do was pour coffee for the guests and simple extra requests like water. Well she completely forgot and I had to ask her two more times for the water, which she reluctantly finally brought me with plenty of attitude. I brushed it off and still left her an appropriate tip. The next morning I asked for a second cup of coffee and she went to the kitchen and brought out coffee for everyone else in the restaurant while completely ignoring me. When I questioned her about it, she simply stated "You got your coffee anyway, didn't you?" in a very nasty tone (another waitress brought me coffee without being asked). Then she said "I remember you from yesterday about the water". I don't know what I did to make this waitress so ignorant towards me by asking for water one day and a second cup of coffee the next. I was very nice about the two requests. When asked why she ignored both requests she said "I can't take care of 10 people at once and I'm glad I did what I did to you" as she stormed off. Needless to say, she received no tip the second day. This person should definitely find another line of work where she doesn't have to deal with people. I don't know her name but she was thin, blonde, and had an accent, probably Eastern European--possibly Russian, Polish, Czech. Stay away from her if you go to this resort--she hates people.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank willyd21
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed in a room with a king-size bed and small kitchenette that was clean, which is all we ask. There is no coffee provided for the in-room coffeemaker and our bed could have used a new mattress. The parking spots are extremely undersized - even too small for compacts. There was a tour bus that took up several of these small spots which provided us with no place to park close to the motel after returning from a nighttime lighting ceremony at Mt. Rushmore.

The location is great and allows you to walk through downtown keystone without driving there and is only minutes from Mt. Rushmore.

Pros: Great Location.
Cons: Poor Parking; no coffee; older mattress.

I would recommend this Motel if you are only looking for a place to sleep for the night and want to be close to Mt. Rushmore.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We were scheduled to arrive on the 26th (Friday night) after a LONG drive to the nice and relaxing chalet we booked back in March. When we arrived, the front desk girl was shocked that the chalet was showing as vacant when she arrived earlier in the day, so she rented it out for the night to other guests who arrived before we did. Great. We were looking forward to having a bed for each of our 5 family members, not cramped all in one hotel room, which they surprisingly happened to have one available. Also, she showed on her bookings that we weren't supposed to arrive until the following night, but again, even then, the chalet wasn't available to us. How strange, our hotel room rate would have been charged the same as the chalet rate, which she thought was odd at the time, too. BECAUSE WE WERE supposed to be BOOKED for the chalet...not like we could kick the others out at this point. They did reduce the rate on the hotel room, whoopee-do, we sure appreciated being all snug as a bug with dad snoring like a chainsaw for all family members to hear. Not to mention the elevator we were next to that all we heard through the night going up and down. The second night we got another room to accommodate everyone, but they didn't reduce that rate. Parking stunk with all the buses taking up all the spaces. We would not recommend staying here. thank goodness it was only 2 nights!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dogday2
San Francisco
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We booked a two-double-bed room for 6/18/2009 stay. Lisa took our order with a good deal of 39.95. We arrived around 6 PM and another lady (Carla?) who declined Lisa's booking with the explanation that Lisa did not enter it to the computer. She would book us with $49.95 of 1-king bed instead. I asked her to honor the $5 coupon which was available throughout the town (even in its registration desk). She declined too. We were short of time for a quick dinner and went to the Mt. Rushmore nightly Lighting ceremony. Also, we were tired from full day driving. Also, the parking slots were awful. It was way too small even for our compact car (Corolla). We saw people were using two slots instead. This is the worst hotel stay for our 11 days summer vacation trip from San Francisco to upper north 8 states.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family