“Good Value”

Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We picked this hotel to stay at based on the price being half of the other hotels in the area. We had a great view of Mt. Rushmore and the staff was courteous and helpful. The maids were lacking in making the beds and just threw the covers back over instead of actually making the beds, but thats not a huge deal for me, might be for someone else though. The free breakfast was OK but the toaster didn't work to heat up the frozen waffels or english muffins. It was also a convient walk to Keystone and places to eat, so we didn't have to drive everywhere. If we went back to the area, we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for you honest review. I am very happy that you found value in your stay at the Mt. Rushmore Travelodge. I am very glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location in relation to not only the town of Keystone but also Mt. Rushmore. Our front desk is always striving to be as helpful as possible and we all appreciate your gratitude. Thanks again for staying at the Mt. Rushmore Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Travelodge on June 25 and 26 and was so happy to see the pool open. I had picked this hotel because of the outside pool and the view of Mt Rushmore. No other hotel offered this so I was very satisfied with our choice. The room was OK for the price. Reading past reviews of the hotel said the breakfast was disappointing which was true. We walked in and walked right out and headed to Peggy's restaurant located next door. Great food. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am very very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. The pool is definitely a highlight of our property no where else in the world can you experience a pool with a view of Mt. Rushmore! I do wish the breakfast would of been more sufficient for you, we do our best to provide a quality cold breakfast. There are many different options with the mini cinnamon rolls, danishes, eggo waffles,
English muffins, cereal, milk, juices, apples, bananas, and oatmeal to help compliment breakfast. Again I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for your review it is greatly appreciated

Reviewed June 10, 2012

When we arrived the desk staff eere very corteous. We went to our room which was nice. The issues we had eere rhe following. The tv reception was very poor, they advertised a swimming pool which my grandson was looking forward to and it was empty, they advertised a hot tube it was dirty and broken. The building needs sound proofing very bad all night long you could here people going up and down the steps. Would never stay their again poor value.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Carlwhov
TL_Manager-2012, Manager at Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your review, and I am disappointed that you were not one hundred percent pleased with your stay. The pool not being open is completely dependent on the time of season. It is an outdoor pool and for the most part temperatures do not get high enough til mid June. We are in the process of getting it opened up now that the weather is starting to stay warm. The hot tub has been open for about two weeks now i apologize it was not opened up yet when you stayed. We have not had any complaints on our tv reception before, we get our service from both direct tv and dish. I will make sure to check that all the televisions are working properly and hooked up correctly. I appreciate the compliment about the front desk being courteous and that you rated our location, rooms, cleanliness, and service highly. I again apologize that the stay was not everything you expected I would love to have a second opportunity if you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed over the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend for two nights. Our room was on the ground floor and we did not hear any noise from our neighbors. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had been recently renovated. The hotel is in a very good location to all of the activities in the Rushmore area, It was really nice to look out of your hotel room door and see the monument. We enjoyed our stay and Kody at the front desk was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank deenakr

Thank you very much for the review and I cannot express how pleased I am to know we helped make your memorial day weekend enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed the view of Mt. Rushmore, the renovated bathroom, and the pillow top mattresses! Thanks and hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while seeing the area attractions. The first night was good, but this unit was just beginning to train people for the coming season. So the second night we didn't get clean bath towels, although the others were clean. Also, while the beds were remade using the same sheets, they looked like they were just somewhat thrown together.

On the positive side, the male manager was very helpful upon our arrival. Breakfast was about what you'd expect from this type of hotel.

Room Tip: This unit is close to the main street, so try to stay on the second or third floor away from the str...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
TL_Manager-2012, Manager at Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review the Keystone Travelodge. I am always happy when customers are honest with their reviews because it gives us the chance to improve. We get our workers from different parts of the world and they come in at different times in the beginning of the season. We try our best to train them efficiently so as to create as little interference with guests' stay as possible. To address the bath towel situation usually if a guest hangs up their towels to dry we assume that means they plan to reuse the towel. Towels that are left on the floor or in the tub we will always replace fresh. I do apologize for not replacing the towels that were hung up to dry but it was in our best judgement that you were planning on reusing the towel. That explains why we replaced the other towels but not the bath towels. I will make sure all beds including stay overs are made to the same standards and look great. Thank you for the compliment of being helpful I always try my best to accommodate our guests. Safe Travels

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Reserved room for 4 nights. Upon checking in we had to leave due to allergy issues. Room smelled very musky and moldy. Looks like they have done some renovations but the rooms still need some work. In the Rushmore area - this is one of those you get what u pay for. Don't recommend the rooms - but the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
TL_Manager-2012, Manager at Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your review, and I appreciate the gratitude for the friendly front desk. I do apologize that the room was causing allergy problems and due to the allergy problems I had no problem waiving the 48hr cancellation policy. I can assure you that our rooms are cleaned thoroughly everyday, allergy issues can be really hard to completely eliminate but we do try our best. I hope you have a very nice vacation. Thanks again for the review

-Kody
Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Was in the Black Hills areas for a week and needed a room in Keystone for the last night there which was the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend 5/25/12. This was the most reasonable priced hotel that we could find on the internet ahead of time. Was OK for a one night stay, and a place to sleep. There definitely are no frills. Older motel and not very well sound proofed. Could hear footsteps above us and door closings throughout the night. But the room was clean and looked like the bathroom area was recently refurbished. A billboard along the highway said that they were getting pillow top mattresses soon. The room we slept in had pretty well worn mattresses.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the Keystone Travelodge and also thank you for taking the time to do a review. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The balcony setting does cause a little more noise than a traditional hallway, but being able to step out of the room and take a seat with a view of Mt. Rushmore was an important experience we wanted to give our guests. We may not provide all the frills of fancier hotels, but we do provide a quality experience to the best of our abilities and make sure our customer service is top notch. Thanks again for staying with us and for the review. Hope you had a great vacation!

Manager