“Don't waist your money!!”

Railhead Family Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My partner and I went to an evening dinner at the Railhead on Sept 24th, 2011. We ate around 7:30 p.m. The place was not busy so we thought it was a good pick.... WRONG!!!!! We both had the salad bar and the Prime Rib ... I think they charged something like 13 or $14.99.... this did not even include your soda with the meal. Staff were no where to be found... they came and took are order and then left. They never asked how things were and if we wanted a refill on are drink. The Prime Rib ( which I love) ... was dry and burned from the heat lamps. The salad bar was average... I also could not help but notice the staff that I did see taking dirty dishes from a table and then filling up glasses of pop for another table.... OMG WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

It was a tv dinner rerun. It was tasteless and over priced.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Salad bar looked nice altho we ordered from the menu. Nice people an the price was average. Thought the food was good! We were told not to go to this restaurant but we walked in just for a peek an thought it looked nice an the people were friendly the salad bar looked fresh so we stayed! Will go back for sure!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Had dinner on the patio with the family. We've never ate buffalo before, so we decided to eat the 'Buffalo Buffet'. Everyone enjoyed the roast and ribs. The stew was a bit salty, but good, nevertheless. Our family of eight ate for cheaper than anywhere else in town and it was enjoyed by all.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Horrendous, heinous, disgusting, terrible, overpriced, crummy, etc. I could go on but I won't.

We went fairly late in the evening. It was probably around 10 pm and the restaurant was not busy. Unfortunately, that meant there was room for us to be seated. Once we were seated, we went and saw the state of the buffet. The food containers were mostly empty, the salad bar was in a mess and the "prime rib" must have been meat from the hind end of an aged elephant. Tough, tasteless and gray.

Service was okay, since it's a buffet. They don't really do anything except take away the dirty plates and bring drinks. But, the kitchen staff was loud, blaring their music and singing along tunelessly.

At $20.00 for a buffet and a soft drink, we should have gotten something at least edible with a decent ambience. This barely was. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to check Tripadvisor and just went to the closest restaurant listed on the GPS. Major mistake on my part. You shouldn't do the same.

1  Thank Goober1965

Been to Railhead Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!