“Steer Clear!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This has got to be THE WORST buffet, restaurant or meal I have ever eaten in my life. The buffet was absolutely ridiculous.
First off, they couldn't keep plates stocked. I don't know if they were short a dishwasher, or short on plates, but every time we needed a new plate (there were 15 of us), we had to wait atleast 5 minutes if not longer. The one time I flagged down a server and asked for more plates, he brought out 5 (FIVE) plates. That's it.
The choices were extremely limited and consisted of fried shrimp, chicken nuggets, fried chicken, "buffalo ribs" (I have my doubts about the truth of that), "buffalo stew" (which looked more like a concoction of yesterdays buffet leftovers - carrots, green beans, buffalo meat *gag*), a few canned vegetable options, and then there were the choices of pork loin, ham & "prime rib". I tried most everything and the ONLY edible thing was the chicken nuggets! My fried chicken was so dry I almost choked, the pork loin was also way overcooked, the ham was insanely fatty, and the "prime rib" was much more like a VERY overcooked roast, but certainly not prime.
The salad bar was pretty decent, although options were limited. Dessert consisted of one option - brownies. I didn't bother eating them as I don't like brownies with frosting, but my kids enjoyed them thoroughly.
Our server was good, but I honestly couldn't understand why he even worked in such a place.
For almost $17 a plate I expected something much better (much, much better) and then to top it off we paid almost $2.50 for each drink. They definitely hosed us!
I truly walked away from that place wondering if we would all be ill the next day. I actually made the comment while we were eating that this is a place for Gordon Ramsey and his Kitchen Nightmares. Luckily we all seem to have survived the experience, but we will certainly steer clear, and we will be certain to warn others to do the same.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Forgot to check the reviews on this place, lesson learned, the food was absolutely horrid which was further compounded by the atmosphere and appearingly distant service. We just happen to stop by for the lunch time all you can eat taco buffet which should have been a clue. The first clue had been the appearance of the food, which if it wasnt canned was poorly prepared. please dont bother.

1  Thank fuelsman
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews before paying out $54.00 for a meal that was awful I'm not sure there is a word to discribe what we ate. It's too bad Keystone can't shut that place down. Our hot foods weren't even hot and for 16.95 I don't want to eat instant mashed potatoes. Stay away from this place. Probably the only reason they are still in business is because most of their customers are tourist and will never be back anyway. I just wish I had my money back.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

This place is also one of the worlds worst places to eat. I've had better food and service is 3rd. world countries. The food is horrable, the service is terrable and the place is just filthy. It should be shut down as a health hazard. The food is way overpriced, the salad bar if you can call it that, is ugly, messy with driedout food. Same person owns all 3 restaurants in town, and all 3 are health hazards. Stay away from the RAILHEAD. ALL-AMERICAN and KEYSTONE FAMILY RESTAURANT. VERY BIG BLACK MARK ON THE TOWN...

1  Thank movinondown
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I couldn't argue with the previous reviews. In general I think all buffet restaurants are bad, and in general, how good can the food be when it is 1) mass produced and 2) left sitting out for who knows how long, and with who knows who exposing who knows what to it.

So when you decide to eat at a buffet restaurant, then you get what you pay for and shouldn't expect anything better. So that's why I'm not ranking it lower.

Then why did I eat here? Because it was raining and I needed a place to sit out the rain. Plus they have free wireless (reasonable good speed and access) and they are letting me sit here for quite a long time -- a benefit of large buffet restaurants).

The eggs were ok. The sausage links were good. The pancakes and syrup together were absolutely disgusting. The first staff on duty was disinterested on and off, but later they we fairly attentive and pleasant. So use all that how you will. I won't recommend this place to a friend, because I very rarely recommend buffet places to friends (I can think in my head right of one singular exception in Mississippi which was actually very good).