After a gruesome 19 hour drive from California, we arrived in South Dakota @ 1:30 am. Needless to say, we were exhausted and in search for a nice hot shower and a comfortable bed. The picture displayed at Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites had an illusion of our “promise land.” When we arrived to the front door of the hotel, the front desk clerk was asleep. We were told, when we had called her earlier of our very late arrival, “to just ring the door bell, and I will wake up to open the door for you.” After ringing the door bell for a good ten minutes, the front desk clerk appeared in the front door in her pajamas. She unlocked the door, and we walked to the front desk only for her to push my contract upon me along with our hotel keys. When I asked her if she would turn on the lights so that I can see my contract, she simply stated, “Your total comes to ….ninety something dollars. I know because I made it up earlier.” When I told her that I could not see in the pitch black, she snatched my contract from my hands, and stated, “Look, it’s 1:30 in the morning, and I don’t have time for you to read your contract. Just sign the thing in the morning before you leave. Make sure you sign it before you leave!” She thrusted the hotel keys towards me, and we walked off, shocked…appalled. We drove 19 LONG hours, to be treated like incompetent morons. Needless to say, we checked out the next morning only to be greeted by the SAME clerk. She stated in a snide manner, “Now that you can read, you can sign.” Fumingly, I stated, “Now that I can actually SEE, I will sign my contract.” I will never, ever go back to that hotel ever again. No customers should ever be treated that way. So if you’re not accustomed to rude customer service, I am advising you to check into another hotel. Their room was dingy, and it smelled like old cigarettes. The shower was made for anyone who is 4 feet tall or shorter. I have never felt so compelled to tell the world about my horrific experience at a hotel in my life, and here I am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites welcomes you to the heart of Keystone & the Black Hills! Being located on the boardwalk gives you flexibility & places you right next to local shops, the 1880 Train, Borglum Museum and fabulous dining. Mount Rushmore is located 2 miles away and Keystone is the closest town to the national monument. In addition we are just minutes away from Custer State Park, Mount Rushmore Cave, and Wind Cave. While in Keystone be sure to visit all the quaint shops and many restaurants all with in walking distance of the motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keystone Boardwalk Hotel Keystone
- Keystone Boardwalk Inn And Suites