Recently returned from a four night stay at the Rushmore Express in Keystone SD. Hotel would have received 5 stars if not for a reservation issue.
Our stay didn't start out well ... there was a mix-up in our reservation and the room we had pre-paid for several months ago wasn't available. The staff at the hotel handled it (and my fit!) extremely well and very professionally.
Our family of 5 was upgraded to the Hemingway Suite. Ridiculously large & wonderful in every way. Even with two roll-away beds in the living room, we had so much room. VERY clean. Smelled fresh, looked fresh.
We had two couches, a chair with an ottoman, fireplace, a bar area with mini-frig/sink/microwave, a table and chairs to seat 8, and a couple of tables in the living room alone. We never felt cramped. The bedroom area had two queen beds, 2 chairs with ottomans, a huge armoire, dresser, and nightstand. Gorgeous.
However, the space is a little weird. It almost felt like a conference room or former gathering space that had been converted to suites. Ceiling was ridiculously tall and there were no windows in the living room. Bedroom had one window (which partially opened - yah for fresh air!) which looked directly into a rock wall.
Bathroom was large and VERY clean. Loved the integrated clothesline in the bathtub - wish all hotels with pools had those.
No issues with room temperature. We used both a/c and heat during our stay & the room was comfortable. Liked the ceiling fans.
Breakfast was decent but basic (cereal, bread, fruit, donuts, hard-boiled eggs, etc). One hot selection each day (pancakes, biscuits & gravy, etc). Changed a little each day. Coffee was surprisingly good.
Kids enjoyed the pool, although it did get crowded at night.
We kept seeing the same staff members tackle different jobs -- front desk, helping at breakfast, bringing in a food delivery, dropping off extra towels, etc. I was very impressed with their professionalism, friendliness, and responsiveness.
Location is top-notch. Easy walk to downtown Keystone and a very quick drive to Mt Rushmore and the surrounding area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel located 2 1/2 miles from Mt. Rushmore, Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites combines comfort, convenience and elegance for a truly monumental stay. An indoor pool and hot tub, Fitness Center, in-room wifi and a complimentary continental breakfast are just a few amenities that Rushmore Express offers, along with guest laundry and available meeting rooms for groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rushmore Express Keystone Hotel Keystone
- Rushmore Express Hotel Keystone