“A little disappointed”

Red's Chicken House and BBQ
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Loves Park, Illinois
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stopped there last night after wandering around for a place to eat. We thought this looked like a good "Ma and Pa" business to try out. Here in Keystone it seems that that is the bulk of the business. Back home these places are few but fabulous, so we were expecting a lot more. My son said it looked a little pricey and he was right, for what we got it was pricey. We have eaten a lot of buffalo burgers this week and the one I had was substandard to what I have had before. This one lacked a little taste. My son had the chicken sandwich which he said it was excellent. As with many places you received a lot of fries. The service was good but when we got there, there was only one other full table. There were a lot more people that came in after us. We will not go back, only because there are a lot of other dining options here just like that one. All in all it was not a bad experience, just sure there are better ones out there.

• Visited June 2013

Borger, Texas
“Great ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on our vacation. I had buffalo ribs and I loved it. Just the right amount of smoke flavor! My husband had the buffalo burger which he really enjoyed. We plan on going back to this place on our next trip.

• Visited June 2013
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Bugs everywhere, filthy, disease infested”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

At here last werk of August. Ordered buffalo burgers. Flies were ALL over the restaurant. The 2 most disgusting things I have ever witnessed in a restaurant:
1: fruit flies stuck to the opening spout of ketchup dispenser on table. Had to clean the bugs off myself-didn't use ketchup.
2: Saw waiter clean tables and remove food and plates & immediately grabbed our food to serve us WITHOUT washing his hands first. I actually saw him ring out his hands with the slop of the dish rag all over his hands then puck up our plates & serve us. Absolutely appalling. Tables, chairs, booths were filthy. Most disgusting restaurant I've ever been in in my entire life and I have been to third world countries (which we be described as imnaculate compared to this place). No bathrooms at restaurant. Have to walk over a block outside down the boardwalk and use the public bathroom. Even the fountain pop was terrible. No flavor, watered down, no carbonation. I wouldn't return to this restaurant for a million dollars. I don't know it passes government & state food inspections. Should be closed immediately. DO NOT EAT HERE EVER, you would be better off starving to death.

1 Thank daisymae531
“A pricey nothing special here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Chicken House? Where?!?!
Beware... this is a pretty pricey place for what you get...and we came after the Sturgis rush.
Weird, bland interior doesn't remind me of a friendly place. The greeter didn't greet, nor did he say "sit", or anything. Nor did he smile the entire time.
The menu is limited, and...no chicken other than fingers.
I ordered beef brisket, but they were out of that. HUH?!?!
Bbq Pulled Pork sandwich was just okay...nothing special. Potato salad was real good.
Wouldn't go again....can find better and cheaper bar-b-que elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012
“Worth the try.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Alittle pricey but I'm sure its marked up for Sturgis. Good food and good service. $9 for a salad was a little much but we are on vacation!