“Worth the try.”

Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Healthy
“Worth the try.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Alittle pricey but I'm sure its marked up for Sturgis. Good food and good service. $9 for a salad was a little much but we are on vacation!

“Pretty Good!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This place is cute and also pretty good! The service is alright a tad bit slow but very nice. I ate a brisket sandwich and it did not disappoint. The chicken here is amazing! Very crispy and crunchy. The scenery is very nice and right down the mountain from Mt. Rushmore. This place was moderately priced and highly recommend for families!

Regina, Canada
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our group (two families) stopped for supper on the first night in Keystone. We ordered everything from BBQ ribs, fish and chips, pulled-pork sandwiches to chicken fingers. Mostly, we enjoyed the food. BBQ ribs were a bit on the fatty side but other than that, other meals were really quite good. Everybody loved the fries! Our one family went back one more time before our holiday was done.

Visited July 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family of four w/mixed reviews”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were very hungry after our long morning of siteseeing the area, so we saw the sign that said broasted chicken and my husband and I said yup, lets try it. First of all, we walked right in, it was about 4:30pm, so I thought we must be early, bc there were no one else inside,which sometimes is not a good thing, but we still decided to eat there. My husband read the menu that had a little history about their broasted chicken but when he went to order they server said, no, we don't have that, he questioned then why is it on the menu,and he offered no explanation. He ended up ordering the fried chicken, one child got the chicken strips w/fries and the other child got a salad w/chicken on it and I ordered the Buffalo burger. Besides my husband not liking the fact that they advertised broasted and had to get fried, everything was good and hot. The kids liked what they got and my Buffalo burger was tasty. Service was ok.

Littleton, Colorado
“Great food in Keystone -”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We wanted to eat before we went up to Mt. Rushmoore and didn't want to be on the loud 'strip'.....we found Red's Chicken House and BBQ and thought..what the heck, let's give it a try. The menu is weird actually, it talks about broasted chicken, but there is not an offering on the menu other than chicken fingers.....so I had to ask our server (super, super nice young man). Yes, they have chicken; a 3 piece entree comes with one side for around $9. I said, okay; what side dish do you recommend --he said the fries. Oh, fries --my husband quickly pointed out, they are homemade fries. Oh great --I'll take the fries. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich and fries. I ordered a side of baked beans for our daughter because she eats like a bird! We enjoyed our ice cold beers; and our food arrived shortly thereafter. Let me assure you, this was not a frozen chicken, nor was it chickes strips --very juicy, moist and flavorful chicken pieces! We got a large breast, thigh, and leg. My husbands pork was tender, juicy and smoky and the fries --were outstanding and yes, I dreamed of them that night!!! The beans were out of this world --big pieceds of beef brisket mixed into the sweet baked beans ---possibly one of the best baked beans i have ever, ever had!!
So long story short --our experience in the black hills is the service is a mixed bag - sometimes you wink sometime you loose --but the food at Red's Chicken House and BBQ is GREAT.