“Great food in Keystone -”

Red's Chicken House and BBQ
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Healthy
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We wanted to eat before we went up to Mt. Rushmoore and didn't want to be on the loud 'strip'.....we found Red's Chicken House and BBQ and thought..what the heck, let's give it a try. The menu is weird actually, it talks about broasted chicken, but there is not an offering on the menu other than chicken fingers.....so I had to ask our server (super, super nice young man). Yes, they have chicken; a 3 piece entree comes with one side for around $9. I said, okay; what side dish do you recommend --he said the fries. Oh, fries --my husband quickly pointed out, they are homemade fries. Oh great --I'll take the fries. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich and fries. I ordered a side of baked beans for our daughter because she eats like a bird! We enjoyed our ice cold beers; and our food arrived shortly thereafter. Let me assure you, this was not a frozen chicken, nor was it chickes strips --very juicy, moist and flavorful chicken pieces! We got a large breast, thigh, and leg. My husbands pork was tender, juicy and smoky and the fries --were outstanding and yes, I dreamed of them that night!!! The beans were out of this world --big pieceds of beef brisket mixed into the sweet baked beans ---possibly one of the best baked beans i have ever, ever had!!
So long story short --our experience in the black hills is the service is a mixed bag - sometimes you wink sometime you loose --but the food at Red's Chicken House and BBQ is GREAT.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant after reading mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. We should have listened to the negative reviews. The name of the restaurant is Reds Chicken but they don't serve chicken unless you consider frozen chicken strips as chicken. The place wasn't very clean and the menu has very limited items. Our fresh salads that we ordered weren't fresh. Stay away from this restaurant. If you like bagged lettuce, frozen chicken strips and frozen onion rings then this is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had the beef brisket sandwich and it was amazing. The homemade fries had a great seasoning and were uniquely delicious. Small local favorite and I can definitely tell why! I'll definitely be stopping by on future visits to the black hills.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not sure what happened to this place but they don't serve Chicken! We stopped to order chicken and after waiting a long time to be seated finally were given menus. We asked for chicken and were told " if its not on the menu we don't have it.". Despite one 1/2 of the menu espousing the history of their wonderful chicken, they don't actually serve any chicken other than chicken fingers. When we asked why; we were told " they haven't quit perfected the receipe". Go else where.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The service was terrible, 20 minutes to get our drinks that we ordered right away. The chicken sandwhich came as diced meat in an untoasted bun with no condiments. Sanitation, there was none!!!! At least the ribs were good, the only thing from a $60 hour long lunch.