“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holy Smoke Resort - CLOSED

Holy Smoke Resort
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available
Description: The restaurant is attached to accommodation. It is also within walking distance from Best Western Four Presidents.
Nevada, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a fabulous meal at Holy Smoke Resort. It was walking distance from our Best Western rooms. Their RIBS are the best! My father-in-law went twice for the ribs. The staff was good as well. My mother-in-law received a burnt chicken strip and potato but when the owner saw what she received she was ashamed and insisted it should have never left the kitchen and did not charge us for it. Their desserts were great too! We recommend the cheesecake.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marcia H

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Mount Rushmore... Restaurant Rush No More”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

It took us 90 minutes to get our food. When we did, it was overcooked and lukewarm (how do you even do that?). The burgers were microwaved and I very highly doubt they were bison. Truly inedible. Would never go back under any circumstances short of true starvation. Please do yourself a favor and AVOID!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
murphy0046, Owner at Holy Smoke Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I was appalled that the food which I saw on that table even came out of our kitchen. This does not happen but it did. The order was turned in late and the food did not come up together. I did talk to the people personally and removed the food in question from the ticket. At the time that was all we could do. We take full responsibility for this bad experience and do our best to make sure nothing like this happens again. We do not microwave our burgers, and the bison comes from a local company and is raised here in S. D. Again I apoligize for your bad experience. I was of the impression that we had already taken care of the problem.
Danielle Banks, CEO.
Canada
“Great Ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed close by at the Best Western Four Presidents Lodge. Had read the reviews on the ribs here. Did take out and was totally impressed by the food. The ribs were to die for and the coleslaw was amazing (wish the serving size on the coleslaw was larger) My husband and I got the large dinner and it was enough for us to share. Would go back again!

Visited July 2012
Smithville, MO
“POOR SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to the Holy Smoke Resort because we read about the "ribs to die for". We got the ribs and they were good, but not "to die for". The food wasn't the issue. The service was terrible. I asked if I could get a dinner salad instead of the potato and veggie and the waitress couldn't understand what I wanted. I finally asked if I could get french fries instead of baked potato and she had to go ask. Almost five minutes later she came and said I could have french fries. Our food came and it was OK, our waitress never came and refilled water, asked how things were or showed any kind of customer service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Big Sky, Montana
“excellent, do not pass by”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have eaten several times at the Holy Smoke Resort this summer. Our meals have always been excellent and the Staff and the owner, Dani, the friendliest bunch in Keystone. We have tried their ribs, steaks, salads and even the pulled pork sandwich. Yumm! Yumm! We come to the hills quite often and the Holy Smoke was a treasure to find. Thanks!

• Visited August 2012