“Fun”

Rushmore Tramway Adventures
Ranked #3 of 23 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rushmore Tramway Adventures offers a little bit of something for everyone. From action-packed adventurers to enjoying the beautiful Black Hills with breath-taking views of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, people of all ages and abilities can find their inspiration. You just can't seem to go wrong with this family getaway during your summer vacation!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Definitely a must do. Buy the 10 ride package. You can't do it just once, I promise. The lift to the top was a fun ride in itself. Your picture is taken and once you get to the top they try and sell you the pic. We thought for sure we would not but the pic was actually quite good and worth the price. Try the slide on the right; the one on the left is not as fast. Our son is 11 and had no problem riding alone.

3  Thank diane b

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We didn't try the alpine slide, but the aerial park is awesome. There are obstacles between trees that are fun and somewhat challenging. You will be safely harnessed the entire time so there's no risk of falling. You can walk tight ropes, zip line, walk across logs, etc. from tree to tree. There are several levels of difficulty, so you can start easy and stop when you want. Only open weekends after Labor Day.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The slide was so much fun! We took the chair lift up the hill, had a couple beers and a brat while we walked around checking out their little waterfalls and great landscaping, then took the slide down! Great fun.

1  Thank Brandy A
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The chair lift to the top of the hill was just perfect to me as it travels at a very liesurely pace and you have ample time to enjoy the view and take good pictures. Once at the top the views are just great. There are paths with flowers and water features and a nice grill and ample places to sit around and enjoy the beautiful views including Mt. Rushmore in the distance. After enjoying a leisure time at the top we got in line for the Alpine Slide. We waited our turn and my wife decided to follow me down on the same track. I certainly didn't set any speed records but it was great fun and I wished immediately that I had purchased additional rides so I could hone my skills a little and have an even more exciting ride. This was great fun and is basically safe but the level of danger is totally in your control of the brake handle. Full foreward on the lever would be a genuinely dangerous ride but simply releasing the handle brings you to a slow stop. It is totally up to you. I just wish we had allotted more time for this as I could have done this many many more times.

1  Thank HALCruiser2010
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Aerial park was right across the road from our hotel and we decided that we just had to try it. Neither my wife or I had ever done it and the sign up with the 3 page waiver was a little daunting but we were determined to give it a try. A few minutes later we were harnessed up and sent on our way up the hill to hook up. Along the way we got to see many people enjoying the Aerial Adventure but we only wanted the zip line so on we went. There was a family of three ahead of us so we got to watch them hook-up and go so we were ready when it was our turn. The staff member who hooked us up was very professional and made us comfortable but that first step is still a leap of faith. Too quickly it was over and both of us were ready to do it again and again but unfortunately we had many other things in store that day so we stepped out of our harness with a vow to be back.

2  Thank HALCruiser2010