“try it once”

Rushmore Tramway Adventures
Ranked #3 of 23 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rushmore Tramway Adventures offers a little bit of something for everyone. From action-packed adventurers to enjoying the beautiful Black Hills with breath-taking views of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, people of all ages and abilities can find their inspiration. You just can't seem to go wrong with this family getaway during your summer vacation!
Plum Coulee
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“try it once”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The lift to the top of the hill is really old and so that added an element of excitement I was not expecting lol. The slide itself is safe and easy to control the speed. It is pricy for one slide down as it cost $12 for one time.

Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun ride”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoyed the chairlift up, it was a nice view, although felt a bit unsafe as you pull the bar down over your head as you get on. It had no safety latch or anything. We walked around the path up top, which was also pretty. Disappointed that for $10 you could only ride once. You barely get a feel of how fast to go and your done. Too pricey for the experience .

Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Exciting and Fun”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our family really enjoyed this attraction. Boys age 14, 12 daughter age 10. There was course for everyone. We started on the easier course and worked our way up. My boys managed to make it thru all 4 courses in the 1hr 1/2 time allotted.It was challenging, fun and very safe. It is in the shade, so even though it was hot out we didn't even notice. The staff were helpful and friendly. A highlight for our family. A bit pricey but we thought worth it for the experience.

1 Thank Tracy P
Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A flipping awesome time.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very cool attraction for all ages in the heart of Keystone, SD. The price is reasonable for the experience as you travel up the hill on chairlift to a neat little garden of trees / flowers which includes overlooks and the ability to see Mt. Rushmore in the distance. At the top is a simple restaurant and patio that offers made to order grillables along with a nice selection of cold beverages (at a reasonable price). So everyone could slide down twice, we bought a 10-pack of slide tickets for the family. Having the choice of two lanes (fast and slow), our family split up (3 choosing “fast” adventure and 2 choosing “slow” caution). I believe both slides are identical; however, the younger children and doubles ride on the slower track. Our first slide was great; but, I know it was tempered with a little caution for fear of the unknown. Once at the bottom, I figured I could get more speed during slide number two. I remember thinking on the second trip up “you don’t even have to wear helmets … the sled won’t flip”. Wrong! In an all-out-attempt to set the world alpine slide record (ala Mr. Griswold), I pushed the lever to the floor and rode all wheels into the first few turns. The lack of skin on my right knee when I arrived at the bottom verified that the sled easily would have flipped without my knee stabilizing reaction in one of the banked turns. After the experience, my 11-year old son said “that was pee-your-pants-Awesome!” I have to agree.

1 Thank GregMaya
Regina, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We did this with our kids. Was fun but a bit pricy and could have been better. We asked them if we could have a race between the two side by side tracks and the attendant wouldn't let us. They are two separate tracks so should not have been an issue. This would have improved our experience.