“Fun time at the alpine slide in Keystone”

Rushmore Tramway Adventures
Ranked #3 of 23 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rushmore Tramway Adventures offers a little bit of something for everyone. From action-packed adventurers to enjoying the beautiful Black Hills with breath-taking views of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, people of all ages and abilities can find their inspiration. You just can't seem to go wrong with this family getaway during your summer vacation!
Reviewed June 18, 2012

When in Keystone, make some time to do the alpine slide. There are nice views from the top and the snack shop serves great burgers.

The slide down is really fun. Special plea for parents: if you have a child who is not a daredevil, please send them down the slow track. I chose the fast lane, but still got stuck behind a terrified little girl whose parent had sent her down that lane and I had to go at a crawl for the second half of the track when I quickly caught up with her. I went two days in a row and it seems chronic for slow riders to go down the fast lane.

2  Thank Travelsgirl93

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I are a bit old for this attraction, but we really enjoyed the pleasure our 15 y/o got from it.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Took the tramway up and back. Great views at the top. You can see Mt rushmore in the distance. Plus all the other mountain views we nice. They do have food and bathrooms at the top. Plus they take your picture on way up.

1  Thank witkowskiHebronIn
Reviewed June 11, 2012

expansive but nice views kids had fun bring a camera

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Signing the injury waiver was a little scary. But I am so glad we went. My in-laws, husband and 8 year old went. The ski lift ride up is slow and relaxing. At the top there's a decent place to get a fresh grilled meal. Just pay attention to how the wind is blowing the smoke from the grill before picking a table. Nice view of Mt. Rushmore from there. Pretty garden to wander through. MIL and FIL took the ski lift back down. The 3 of us had a blast taking the slide! They have a fast and slow lane. 6 and older can ride alone. But we're glad we chose to have her ride along as her arms got too tired holding the speed forward half way down. Would do it again.

2  Thank Karen O