All reviewsmini golffamily reunionstay there againcuster state parkblack hillsfree wifihot waterrapid citytucked awayplaygroundtentrestroomscampingshowersturgislodginglinens
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose to stay here after reading the reviews and I'm so glad we did. Since we were on a very long trip, I tried to minimize hotel costs by staying in camper cabins through parts of our trip, plus we wanted to enjoy a camping feel (for the kids) without sleeping on the ground! We had electricity and air conditioning in a cute little cabin. Our cabin was in a great location. I could walk to the store easily. The kids could play on the playground and we could sit outside the cabin and watch them. It was a short walk to the pool. The bathrooms were across the road right behind our cabin(always clean) and had laundry facilities inside, also. The campground was full of families with children and our girls made friends on the playground quickly. We enjoyed meeting our neighbors and chatting about the different areas we had seen each day.
NOTE: For NEWBIES The only downside to camper cabins (besides no bathroom) is if you have never stayed in them, they have thick cushions to put your sleeping bags on (not mattresses), so just know this if that's going to be a problem for your back. As far as all of us, we slept just fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ynot011
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This campground was great for our family. I think we got the best campsite for our tent! We had electricity at our tent and was located by the creek. The restrooms were always clean. There is a great store and cafe on the property. The staff is great...they will do anything you need them to do. This campground is centrally located to all the attractions around the Black Hills area. Our son met so many kids and biked around and played at the park and swam in the pool until dark. Oh, and here's the BEST thing....there were NO MOSQUITOS!!! We will definitely go there again for our next camping trip to the Black Hills. Thank you, Spokane Creek!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jxoverc
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am writing this review while enjoying beautiful cabin 8 at this fantastic resort! I searched for a few weeks to find something that "fit" what I wanted for our Black Hills Vacation home base. After driving by some other places I had looked into I am so glad we selected Spokane Creemk. This campground isn't on a "main drag" so when it gets dark the quiet settles in. At night all you hear are kids on the playground until quiet hours kick in! We were able to have a bonfire a few nights and relaxing under the stars was what we needed!

Our first day here, we had a vehicle issue. Our truck needed to be towed to Rapid City and the staff in the office were nothing short of bend over backwards accomodating. They allowed my husband to use the office phone when the payphone acted up. (There is no cell phone service at the campground itself-which is good in terms of getting away from it all, bad if there is an issue!) The staff also relaid messages to me or found me around the campground when my husband would call back with updates on our vehicle.

The food at the cafe is excellent. Our first night we had pizza which was fantastic. Gooey cheese and thin crispy crust! We also enjoyed ice cream treats and I just finished amazing biscuits and gravy! Bonus, you can carry out to your cabin or camp site.

My kids have loved the playground and making new friends. We have also enjoyed the pool and mini golf. The pool is quite chilly, but once in it isn't bad and my kids don't care! When stuck at the campground one full day without a vehicle all of the above came in very handy and my kids now think that a pool, playground and mini golf are vacation! From our cabin we can enjoy the deck and still see them playing on the playground-so we can relax and they can get the sillies out!

The price is right as well. Our little cabin costs less than some hotels in this area and Spokane Creek was actually a better deal than other cabins in the area. Beds are extremely comfortable and we have spent most nights with the windows open. From the deck of our cabin we have enjoyed seeing deer, a turkey settling in to roost across the road and a bunny. Not to mention all the bluebirds! Hwy 16A into Keystone is an amazing drive and one I have already recommended to 3 other friends! Won't give much away, but you will not be disappointed. We drove it in the morning, then went back in the evening to see some of the sunset and also discovered more deer!

Spokane Creek is a mile from an entrance to Custer State Park and the times we drove in a few buffalo were right there.

I have told my husband more than a few times how glad I am that we selected this spot and we would return to Spokane Creek in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dionne K
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We rented a cabin for Sturgis Week. 2 bedrooms, living room, small kitchen, bath and outside deck. The smoke alarm battery was dead and shower head leaked. We advised the desk and these items were repaired immediately. The cook in the restaurant was "Santa Clause" on vacation and very friendly and happy to take photos. The owners, their father and all workers were very friendly. The laundry lady came by early in the morning every day to replace towels and such. The shower facility was spotless and well kept.
The area was very clean and peaceful in the evening. There was a "No Fire" ban due to the dry weather, so the owners supplied gas grills(for free) to BBQ. A storm was coming in with possible hail. They cleared out a pavillion to put our motorcycles under for protection.
We had stayed at a different place for the past 4 years, which was cheaper. The additional money spent here was well spent. These folks treat you like family and are great to talk with. There were all types of people staying there, die-hard bikers, families, pets, etc. Located very close to Mt Rushmore. All were friendly. STAY HERE - YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom cabins with laundry service.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rory M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in our RV in a pull-through site with full hook-ups. The grounds are immaculate and well kept. The whole park is very quiet - no loud guests or obnoxious dogs. Wildlife is abundant and we even had a deer eating her dinner about 3 feet from our trailer. The showers are free, restroom was clean. Putt-putt, horseshoes and other games available, playground for the kids, and a small swimming pool. Nice little store on site for the items you forgot or gifts to take home. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family