“Northwestern Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Peggy's Place

Peggy's Place
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a full service restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We can accommidate very large groups. We can seat up to 150 people. Advance notice for groups larger than 15 is recommended. We have a variety of foods for everyones needs. We are willing to accommidate any special dietary needs as well. We can do special pricing/food for groups please call to discuss your needs. We are a family owned and operated homecookin cafe.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Northwestern Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Home cooking like it used to be. Good food, reasonable prices & friendly staff. Homemade pies & desserts, just yummy.

• Slovak first
Grover Beach, California
“Not fancy just good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

One of the more reasonably priced dinners we had on a three week trip. Clean restrooms, decent food and good service make this a keeper.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Decent Breakfast - Bad Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Breakfast was average. Had Fried Chicken for Dinner. The smallest drumstick and thigh I've ever seen. More overcooked coating than meat. Beef gravy on the mashed potatoes. The cheese soup was very good. Should have stopped with that.

1 Thank Larry R
Union Center, South Dakota
“A hit and/or a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I read about good breakfasts. Tried one by myself. Bacon, eggs and a bisquit leaves something to be desired. No bisquits and sausage gravy on the menu (at least when I was there). Gave them a second shot at lunch with my daughter. Have never seen her not finish a meal before now-and she's in the Army. My bad for taking her there. Similiar observations to previous reviewers. Wait staff spends most of their time commiserating behind the counter. Wind up going to ask for your own coffee refills. Quality and quantity is not worth the price. Will not return.

• Visited September 2013
peggysplace, Owner at Peggy's Place, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I don't like to do this to my customers but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and this is one of those cases. I would like my customers to read this guys reviews about other businesses before you go on reading this. Then you will understand my frustration and wanting to stand up for my business and other businesses and the staff that he has degraded. I got a private message from you on a review I wrote about a business I had a bad experience with. This is the ONLY review I have ever written about any business and felt the need because it was a special occasion that was ruined by the business and owner. I see you feel the need to call me out then come to my business and do the same. Well I must call back for myself and for the other businesses you have dissed that may not have deserved it. I read ALL your reviews of all the places you have visited and you like to complain a lot and when you do compliment when giving 5 circles you still complain. I also believe you are connected to the business I wrote a review about. How? By the way you write your reviews, you write like the owner of the business spoke to me very conceded. So lets talk about your experience at my place. I see you had a bisquit (spelled biscuit by the way). And I always have Sausage gravy and biscuits on the menu in the top left hand corner of my menu and it has been there for 5 years now. If there was anything wrong the 1st time you came then why come back? Second if there was something wrong the 1st time did you tell anyone so it could be taken care of like a new meal or a discount? Third when you came back the 2nd time did you say anything then about you being unhappy so that we could fix it? In my business if a customer has ANY type of complaint about something we go out of our way to fix it and if that means giving you your meal for free we will. You say Denny's in Rapid City is a great restaurant, seriously? You say you "raise" steaks (you raise cattle not steaks) and Delmonico in Rapid City was not good but the Alpine Inn in Hill City had better filets. You certainly can't know your steaks if you can't tell the difference between filets at Delmonico and Alpine Inn. Both restaurants are great but not even in the same class nor do they sell the same type of filet cuts. Filets are thick and you should never butterfly them no chef in their right mind would. I know beef, I was raised in Nebraska (where some of the best beef comes from) as was my husband. He comes from a very large family cattle ranch and we serve only Nebraska beef and only the best choice angus you can buy. I have been in the restaurant business for over 25 years and I know quality and quantity and that is what you get at Peggy's Place! I hope the next time you write ANY review you think about saying someone appeared fairly "well-fed" and look at yourself in the mirror and think of how shallow of a person you are to say that about another human being. Or when you go into a place in your "boyhood hometown" and see the homeless have used the restroom to clean up that you should be damn thankful you aren't in their position because life is unpredictable. And maybe you shouldn't go to the "bad" part of town to get your pizza. What do you think the south or west side is better and there are no "bad" people there? Wake up and look around and be more kind. I know is that I am not perfect and neither is my staff we make mistakes and own them! I don't have a 5 star restaurant but a very nice family owned home cookin café in Keystone. We try our hardest to do the very best daily and yes as you said we are a "hit and/or miss" at times, that is human because we are not perfect and I am perfectly fine with that! I always welcome all my customers back but in this case I don't need or want your business because I don't think I could do anything that would make you happy at all. I hope you take my advise and look deep within yourself before you go around judging people, places and things. Peggy
Ohio
“Breakfast 2 mornings in a row-It was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a no frills hotel so we went across the parking lot to Peggy's place for breakfast. It was so good the first time we went back the next morning. We had different waitresses both mornings and both were super friendly. In fact all the ladies working there were happy and friendly and eager to please. The food was really good home style, fried potatoes, sausage, eggs and homemade style bread for the toast. They also do lunch and dinner, I didn't have either, but if it's half as good as breakfast, it will be good.