“Iconic landmark”

Mount Rushmore and More Tour
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sculptor Gutzon Borglum created this famous mountainside carving of the visages of four great American presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spent a cold afternoon here but in bright sunshine. Amazing to visit as it's well laid out with lots of different vantage points to take photographs. The restaurant provided us with hot tasty food (we tried the buffalo stew) and you can even get up a presidential podium and make a speech to your fellow diners if you want....we just took photos!! The shop sells the famous black hills gold with prices fit for any purse. Plenty little pocket money buys for youngsters.
We also came across some mountain sheep. They actually look like goats but are in fact sheep! All the routes around the Mount Rushmore are wheelchair accessible so should have something for everyone.
I would visit this attraction again.

1  Thank cdpGalloway
Write a ReviewReviews (8,875)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great winter road trip to Mount Rushmore. Clear roads and mid 40's made for perfect no crowds conditions. Experience was awesome. Watched a short video on the history of the making of such a great American must see. Plenty of time to gift shop with no crowds. Great selection of Black Hills Gold jewelry saved time on searching in Rapid City. Staff were informative and pleasent. Easy access, very clean and the drive was wonderful.

2  Thank Cyn W
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We love coming to Mt. Rushmore. It doesn't matter the time of year, it is always beautiful!!! If you are in the area, take the time to "stop". My favorite time of year is spring and fall. You feel like you have the whole place to yourself.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is one of those places you have to check off on your "see America" list. It's a neat site, but $11 to park and stare at carvings on a mountain just isn't amazing. I'm glad I went, but wouldn't make an extra trip to go again. And if there hadn't been other things to see and do in the area I would have been disappointed.

It's not as big as you would expect, you really don't get very close to the mountain. The viewing area is nice, and they have a museum and concessions area. All together I was there for about 40 minutes and then on my way.

If your big on pictures I would recommend timing your visit based on the angle of the sun. I went in February around 1 pm and half the monument is in shadow for all my pictures.

Overall I would say if you have never been and will be in the area, do it.

1  Thank Jnr1005
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place tells a story of the USA's history. The likenesses of presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln are on the face of Mt Rushmore in S. Dakota. Makes you proud to be an American and a great accomplishment by the artists Gutzon and Lincoln Borglum. A must see for all Americans.