“FANTASTIC!”

Black Hills Monument Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sculptor Gutzon Borglum created this famous mountainside carving of the visages of four great American presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was fantastic sight to see. We were absolutely in awe. My wife took at least 100 pictures from all different views. It was fantastic

Reviewed November 9, 2012

It was a very cloudy day and it was closed when we drove through. We were looking for the monument and out of the blue the clouds cleared and we were looking at the monuments. Beautiful! Also there is a road that each time you come or go out of a tunnel you look back or ahead and can see the monuments. LOVELY. No pics on this computer to share. We did not go in but still saw the monuments. There is a fee but just a drive by no cost.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited Mt Rushmore on October 2,2012.As we walked to the faces,I swear,if I had known the words to Star-spangled Banner,I would have started singing it!!! This was one of the most moving experiences I can remember!! The 4 Presidents seemed to be watching proudly over their country! It's very difficult to put the feelings into words but I am SO glad we went!! One of the highlights of our trip!

1  Thank tracey2112
Reviewed November 9, 2012

TV and the movies just don't do this monument justice. I don't think my pictures do it justice either. Mount Rushmore is awe inspiring in person. In person the faces seem to have emotions that cannot be captured. Washington face shows his serious determination. In Jefferson’s face I see love of country. Roosevelt shows intelligence while Lincoln appears to be deep in thought. They have built a beautiful approach to view the faces of our founding fathers. On approach you'll see all the state flags displayed proudly. This monument was truly a labor of love. Aside from being a profound symbol of our country it’s a glorious work of art.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

October 26, 2012, we visited Mt. Rushmore with my wife. We used a tour group by the name Collette. They were recommended by Liberty Travel and they were great. Mt. Rushmore was on my bucket list and it was well worth seeing. It is a fantastic site. Unbelievable how the heads were carved out of the mountainside. We also luck out and was able to go back and see Mt. Rushmore at night all lite up. The park ranger gave a speech and then invited all the veterans down to the stage for a ceremony. It was very moving. During the trip, we also saw the Crazy Horse Statue, the Badlands, the town of Deadwood and the saloon where Will Bill Hickok was killed, also saw his grave site along with Calamity Jane's. We went to Custer National Park and drove along Needle Highway and through Needle Rock, and as we were coming out of the the park we ran into some bison. We saw a lot more. It was a fantastic trip and I highly recommend it.
Frank Hilt