“This Was Great Fun!”

Rush Mountain Adventure Park
Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Owner description: At Rush Mountain Adventure Park, you will find fun on all levels! Rush Mountain is the home of famous Rushmore Cave. Come and explore the stalactite-filled caverns of this amazing natural wonder on a fun and educational cave tour. Spend the day enjoying great amusement rides. You can soar through the sky on the Soaring Eagle Zipline Ride or try your skill at the Gunslinger 7-D Interactive Ride. Feel the rush as speed down the hill on the area's only coaster, the Rushmore Mountain Coaster. You are sure to have a great time, full of affordable family fun. It's a total must-do attraction for anyone coming to the Black Hills. Cave and attractions are open daily May-October and weekends in March and April. Check website for hours and admission prices.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We- hubby, kids (7&9), and I ventured out to the Rushmore Cave after visiting Mt Rushmore. We did the zipline and the cave tour. It was a hot day so the cave felt nice - 60 degrees when we went down there. Our tour guide, Cindy, made the tour a memorable experience. She was very knowledgeable and had lots of stories. It was my first trip into a cave so I don't have much to go on, but it was fun, interesting and so refreshing when it was 100+ outside! Tour is about an hour.

After that we tried the zipline. IT was a LONG WAIT in the heat, and a little pricey. But the boys running it made up for it. They made sure we got on before they had to close it down for a storm. Thanks guys! :)

So definately a must if you are in the Keystone area.

I didn't do the 7d theater. Next time I guess!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"great tour"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Zipline is ok - nothing special. 7D theater was fun. We were the only 4 there, and only the 2nd group of the day, so guide ran both videos for us but only charged for 1. $9 each, but something fun we hadn't seen before. Nice addition to our vacation.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Decided to do combo ticket of cave and 7d theater ride. Have gotten ill on some of these type of seat moving attractions. The young man working it told me nobody has gotten sick yet and if I do, then there is a way to stop it for me. Kids & I tried it and he was right. Didn't get sick and had a blast - literally. We then did cave and it was first time in a cave for the kids. We all enjoyed it - very cool inside and some steep steps but very doable. Located a few miles outside of Keystone, SD.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The only complaint I have is the buildings AC was broken, but I felt more sorry for the workers in the gift shop, it was 110* outside :0/ ! It was full and you know how hot a small area can get when it's filled with people. That aside, we only had a 10 to 15 min. wait to get going into the cave. Our guide was Cynthia and she was very informative and appeared to love her job. It stays 58* in the cave and very pleasant although you can still work up a sweat. There are some pretty steep steps up and down in there and at one point a very sturdy metal ladder going up. You are given an option not to do the ladder part if you don't want to. This was my husbands first time in a cave and it was fun to watch his reactions. He loved it BTW. I think it is a must do while you at at Keystone.
We also did the 7-D theatre, it was very cool, but really short. AND I'm pretty sure my gun was broken because my husband beat me :0)