“New Attractions! Awesome Technology! Only $9.00!”

Rush Mountain Adventure Park
Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Owner description: At Rush Mountain Adventure Park, you will find fun on all levels! Rush Mountain is the home of famous Rushmore Cave. Come and explore the stalactite-filled caverns of this amazing natural wonder on a fun and educational cave tour. Spend the day enjoying great amusement rides. You can soar through the sky on the Soaring Eagle Zipline Ride or try your skill at the Gunslinger 7-D Interactive Ride. Feel the rush as speed down the hill on the area's only coaster, the Rushmore Mountain Coaster. You are sure to have a great time, full of affordable family fun. It's a total must-do attraction for anyone coming to the Black Hills. Cave and attractions are open daily May-October and weekends in March and April. Check website for hours and admission prices.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I bring my family here every year as we love the cave and was excited to try their new attractions. Rushmore Cave has added a Soaring Eagle Zipline and a Gunslinger 7D Interactive Theater... we just had to try both. My boys, ages 8 and 9, were thrilled! The zipline is a 2 seat ride which was perfect for my little guys. Not too scary and just enough thrill.

What they really loved was the new theater ride. Everyone wears 3D glasses and straps into a chair. I think 10 or 12 people get to play at a time. You also get a laser gun! The screen wraps around the room and the chairs move along with the movie. You truly feel like you are part of it! We loved shooting at robots and trolls. The best part is that it keeps score... and guess who won?.. Mom! Truly the most cutting edge technology in the Black Hills!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"super fun"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The zipline was $9.50 and it lasted 2 seconds and was boring. Also they were supposed to open Gunslinger 7D on the 25th and we got there and they told us that it wasn't open until the next day. All of the advertisements and their website said the 25th so we drove there for nothing.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

When my family and I went to The Black Hills, caving was on the short list of adventures that we wanted to do. I did some research on other caves in the area and this one was the closest and looked to have the nicest tour or adventure options. When we first arrived we had a hard time finding parking, but managed to snag a spot on the downward slope of the hill. Since there were so many vehicles we were expecting to have to wait, but we only waited 15 minutes! The hour tour started with a very energetic guide. She was very knowledgeable in the cave and information about caves in general. The cave itself was beautiful. You will experience many different old formations and see some interesting carvings. You just have to remember to dunk your head every once and awhile. It is important to note that I have never gone caving before, this was a great first time experience. When the tour is over you get the option to purchase different Rushmore Cave memorabilia. They have some great stuff with cool sayings. The apparel is a bit pricy, but you are in a tourist area so it can be expected. I would and have recommend this attraction to anybody.

5  Thank UhsoJ
Reviewed October 26, 2011

During our last visit to the Black Hills I wanted to show my wife one of the caves. We stopped at Wind Cave and found there was an hour and a half wait for the next cave tour and it was one that lasted two hours. We didn't want to invest 3 and a half hours so we drove on. After spending the night in Custer we then tried Jewel Cave (another National Monument) early the next morning only to find we had to make a reservation for the afternoon so we left again. Later that day we stopped at Rushmore Cave near Keystone. This is a privately owned cave but still under strict federal control. We waited 15 minutes for an hour long tour led by an enthusiastic young guide and had a wonderful time. There's a nice gift shop and also a zip line that's a lot of fun. Most of the crowd had children with them who seemed to also be enjoying themselves. I'd recommend it to anyone.

5  Thank Kim H
See more reviews
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was fortunate to get an off-season tour from "Carter," one of the cave experts who loves caving so much he even got married there! It wasn't too crowded so we could "rush less" (sorry). This cave is long and has a huge variety of narrow passages and wider areas and the famous "big room." We got both the scientific explanation and the sociological explanation about how people's attitudes toward caves and conservation have changed over time. Carter made comparisons to other Black Hills caves also. Even if you think you are not interested in caves, this is a cool and refreshing break, and you can skip your daily Stairmaster since there's lots of stairs. If there is one thing I would change in the cave it would be to nix the garbage cans. All in all though, it's a nice way to spend the afternoon.

1  Thank Ki S