“Bad Pizza, Awkward Service”

Rushmore All American Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Bad Pizza, Awkward Service”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The pizza was bad, the kind that just sits in your stomach for the rest of the night.

Our waiter had ZERO social skills, and every time he came by I cringed at his weird comments.

Worst food on our trip, hands down. Please don't put yourself through this - learn from my mistake and go anywhere else!

Visited May 2012

Hopewell, Virginia
“worst Food and service on a 21 day trip”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Do not bother. Horrible, greasy food and even worse service. You get what you pay for.

Visited June 2012
Wyoming
“Zero stars would be more accurate.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited last week at 2pm to find the pizza buffet not just old but COLD, yes cold right down to the cheese being dry and brittle on the pizza. But that's not the best past... when was the last time you ever walked into an eatery and saw fake fruit at the salad bar? Yes, FAKE FRUIT, like you would see on some permanent display.

Note: The $10/person salad and pizza buffet is advertised as being until 3pm. We ate at the wrong time, according to the waitress. She said the (cold) pizza already out would be the last of the buffet for the day, because dinner started at 4pm and they would not be making anything more to put out. The other sides were also old and crusting, and if it were not for sheer hunger, we would have just gone elsewhere.

Our first visit to Mt Rushmore was not really tarnished by this place, but we certainly left there with less-than-full tummies.

Complained to the waitress and got 20% off our bill. The owner protested at the register, but I didn't even listen to her...

• Visited June 2012
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Really more of a 2.5 stars”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were on our way out to Mt. Rushmore and needed to grab some lunch. Our 7 year old insisted upon eating here as he saw the sign for pizza and ice cream. We arrived around 11:30, and there were a few other guests. We were in a hurry, so we decided upon the buffet, which included pizza, chicken strips, mini corn dogs, ribs, and salad bar with lettuce, vegetables, and a couple of other salads. We are not normally buffet people as we know how long food can sit on those wamers, but we saw them bringing out fresh pizzas. We found the food to be average. The pizza was fresh and decent, and the salad bar offerings were fine. We never tried the ribs, as I suppose we are BBQ snobs since my husband does such a good job of it at home. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive, but for some reason she seemed to be shuffled aside as it came time for our bill. The young lady who appeared to be the hostess had to amend our check twice and another waitress was also involved. It was as if our waitress was told not to come back to our table. I am not quite sure what was going on. We ended up paying about $40 bucks for average to below average quality food (Buffet is/was $9.99 for ages 7 and up.). If I had looked at the reviews here first, I certainly would have persuaded my 7 year old to find somewhere else, although I can say it is probably about normal for a tourist trap kind of area.

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“They need to put emphasis on everything”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My son picked this place as an aroma was lingering on the sidewalk and thought this was the spot, it was not, turned out to be from Ruby's, the food is limited and somewhat buffet style, the prices were higher than the quality spot two doors down, I hate to say things like this but I call it the way it is.We had to get up and leave. If you are 11 and can not eat, need I say more.

Visited June 2012