“GREAT LOCATION!”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
New York City, New York
“GREAT LOCATION!”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel was really nice. They have breakfast in the adjacent restaurant. The beds were nice, average. I stayed in a room that had a little seating area, and a kitchenette, and it was really convenient! It came with plates, glasses, utensils, everything! There's free wi-fi, and it's literally a ten minute drive to Mr. Rushmore.

Keystone is a beautiful city, and if I ever go back I will definitely stay here again. There's a small laundromat down the road near the gas station. And the local bars are fun!

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The room was dirty - there was a huge stain on the carpet, the bathroom floor was dirty(and it was so very small), there were potato chips on the floor by the bed and the parking, well, forget it. Not enough spaces for the amount of guests. The pictures on the internet showed wonderful rooms - NOT! They don't even supply shampoo.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bbyah

Travelers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I booked this hotel for my Husband. The suite he had was terribly dirty, had not been vacuumed and then he found a used "item" in his bed. UGGGHHH! When he went down to the front desk to complain the manager only offered to reduce his bill by $10.00. No apology nothing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tamharris
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Steer clear of this one! Hotel staff are awful. Rude, acted like we were nothing more than an imposition. Parking is rediculus. Not NEARLY enough spaces for the amt. of rooms and the spaces they do have are too small for most cars. They said we could park under the canopy as we were on a motorcycle. Then asked two times to move and it was raining. (no signs stating "no parking" either) We gave up one spot to another guest who had 5 little girls because they had a big SUV, they'd come a long way and it was late when they arrived. After angering us and the other people we were traveling with over the parking issue, I actually saw this same rude hotel clerk laughing in the lobby while one of our friends moved his motorcycle out into the rain. Unbelievable. NOT cool. Other hotel guests told us the next morning that they'd seen and heard the whole thing and would not be returning ~ thought the hotel clerk we had to deal with was a real jerk. In addition, our room was filthy. Carpet was stained, no shower amenities, live cock roach in the bathroom, beds were shoved up against either wall w/a small space in between. NOT remodeled that I could see and cramped. Very outdated. No coffee maker, no breakfast. TV kept going in and out. Our friends said their sheets were dirty too. Plus, I discovered after returning home that I'd left 2 charms I'd purchased at Devil's tower IN our room on the bed we never used. I immediately called the hotel and the clerk said she'd ask the cleaning people and call me back. Never happened. I waited over a week and called again. She remembered my call but no apology for lack of follow-up. It came as no shock that nothing was ever turned in. VERY unfriendly place. Go somewhere else if you want a better experience in Keystone! This place absolutely does NOT grasp the concept of what working in the "service industry" is supposed to be. Customer Service is non-existent and no one cares, they just want your money. WILL NOT GO BACK.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiddcare3
united states
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I was very leery of this hotel, given some of the poor reviews, but I was lured in by the fantastic rates and location. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! The parking is tight, the bathrooms are small, but if you are looking for a clean place to sleep and take a shower in between the South Dakota attractions, you couldn't ask for a better deal. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant, the kids loved the pool, it was too chilly for me, but the kids didn't mind a bit, I opted for the hot tub! We stayed at a Comfort Inn the previous night that wasn't any nicer! Don't listen to all the negative reviews - this is a fine motel with a wonderful location!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Just returned from a long, long road trip. We stayed at this motel Thursday and Friday. We were in a suite consisting of 2 queen beds, 1 king bed and a fold out couch. Fake fireplace, sink, stove, microwave, coffee maker and a small fridge. The bathroom was huge with a very large jacuzzi tub.

We never used the pool services, so I can't comment about that. I can say that our stay was pleasant, room was spacious and clean and the front desk was friendly.

I do agree with other posters concerning the parking. There are very limited parking spaces available and the 2nd evening after going back to the hotel, I noticed they had blocked off a very large portion of the parking lot with traffic cones. When I inquired at the front desk about this, I was told a large tour bus was coming in and they were reserving the space for this bus. This took about 8 parking spaces out of commission and that was pretty annoying.

There is nothing special about this motel, but there was nothing horrible about it either. We had a pleasant stay, no issues with the employees, no issue with the charges and found it to be a pretty good value.

This was the second year in a row we have gone to Keystone. Last year we stayed at the Mt Rushmore White House and had the same problems with parking. It seems to be a problem in this town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Memphisbelle
Oconto
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Travling from WI we decided to book rooms in advance I found this one on the internet fro $49.95 but when called they stated all they had were master suites gor $149.95 that was fine we had 5 people.. I looked at the internet before we left and they had a special for $99.95 I called and was given the cheeper rates. When we arrived the staff never told us about the 5 dolar off coupon we could have used and we were told the pool heater and the hot tub were being fixed that evening. We stayed 3 nights and the pool was never fixed when we checked out and asked if you could use the coupon we were told no because we did not present at check in. When I stated I did not know there was a coupon the young jamican man stated I do not care I am not from here and it does not matter to me. The hotel room was nice the parking was horible.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family