“Mr. Campbell”

Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Coatbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome to the Crown Jewel Restaurant where you will discover a refreshing approach to dining out - combining elegance without pretension, attentive service, warmth and outstanding value for money. Explore our extensive menu which is designed to suit even the most discerning diner. From our extensive menu you have the choice of wholesome Punjabi fare, the earthy delights of the Tandoor (clay oven) as well as the robust cuisine of the frontiers, and of course, some authentic Mediterranean mouth watering recipes for those who like to sample something a little different. Sould your favourite dish not be on the menu, don't hesitate to ask our chef - who is renowned for making dishes with emphasis on freshness and distinct spicing - and whenever possible we will do our utmost to accommodate.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Never disappoints. Fantastic menu. South Indian Garlic Chilli Lamb and Chicken is the best. Don't do reviews, but felt I had to for this fantastic place. Maitre D' Zak is a character. Braw!

1  Thank campbellr604
There are newer reviews for Crown Jewel

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My sister had a birthday meal in the Crown Jewel, Coatbridge on 21st June. The staff couldn't do enough for us, lovely people who were extremely welcoming and promoted the best deal for our party of ten. The food was delicious from start to finish, generous portions with outstanding service, family friendly and very reasonably priced. I have eaten here several times before and have also had take aways, so I know this restaurant to be excellent on every occasion and not just for birthdays. The main waiter, Zak, really is the Jewel in the Crown with his friendly manner, enthusiasm and great customer care. The restaurant has an authentic atmosphere and is centrally placed in Coatbridge with good parking facilities. I would highly recommend. Why anyone would give this restaurant less than 5 stars is a mystery to me!

1  Thank Claire362428
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Came here on 12th of February expecting great things with the cheap menu and the shining reviews on TA. unfortunately I was disappointed with food that left a lot to be desired. For eg, poppadoms stale, rice undercooked and cold, pakora was average at best and to be honest I wish I went to a 'proper' restaurant which will offer the cheaper Menu and deliver on quality like the shimla cottage (in my opinion)

1  Thank steven8625
Hamid T, Manager at Crown Jewel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Many thanks for leaving us a review. You stated in your review that you visited us on 12th of February expecting great things with the cheap menu and the shining reviews on TA2. It beats me how did you manage to sample our cheap menu 3 months before its introduction, [as everybody in Coatbridge know that our cheap menu was introduced on 18th May 2013 for the first time and was only available on saturdays and sundays only], let alone you sampled it on a tuesday afternoon when our restaurant was closed.
I believe you review is in the wrong location as we did not have a cheap menu at the time of your visit as you stated in your review yourself, let alone you had it on a tuesday afternoon.
if this review is genuine, I would be very grateful if you could get in touch so I can have more feedback from you as I am keen to explore more about the [ 'proper' restaurant which will offer the cheaper Menu and deliver on quality like the shimla cottage (in my opinion)] as well as the rating of your review in general.
Crown Jewel is about fresh, tasty, hearty indian food with many of the staples you would come to expect from a typical Indian restaurant, provided within a family friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had an excellent 3 course lunch at the Crown Jewel Coatbridge on Saturday 15th June, the food was delicious with a choice of 3 or 4 starters along with 5 main courses and 3 sweets. All this for the price of £3.95 per head !!!!! fantastic value for money, the staff are very friendly as always with Hamad the owner going out of his way to check you are happy with the food. You will not be disappointed with this restaurant and the food is as good if not better than any Indian reataurant in the west of Scotland.

4  Thank John S
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

First time in for Saturday lunch today. 3.95 a head for a 3 course meal. Lovely atmosphere attentive staff and truly brilliant food, not huge portions but more than enough food, that even my hard to please teenage son enjoyed, will definitely return next week.

1  Thank Lofinn1