Review Highlights

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Susan1506
Penicuik, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good water features shame about changing rooms and toilets

Frances W

All reviews ice skating wave pool great fun wave machine fun pool lazy river tipping bucket skate hire children aged climbing frame kids love soft play few times staff were friendly waves swimmers tantrum
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We both loved the drop zone! It was great fun to play here and I enjoyed it just as much as my son (9) was concerned with some of the reviews but no complaints from us. lots of staff on hand and changing rooms were clean, most impressed with the lockers and wristbands, much more comfortable than having to wear a key. plenty of free parking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely fun day out for the family. Shame the food is awful and expensive. Also please upgrade your hairdryers or allow people to take their own. I got about five minutes for 20p and the hairdryer was so weak it would have taken me about two hours to dry my shoulder length hair.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great time at time capsule.toilets were terrible filthy.changing rooms were not much better.not a lot off seating in cafe for such a bit place,food didn't look to good.went to barbecue seven just along the road and it was brilliant good food and reasonable prices worth a visit ice cream was great nice friendly service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited the Time Capsule for something to do over the holidays.

The changing rooms were a little challenging to use, as the lockers do not properly accommodate family needs (based on 5 people). At the time of our visit the changing rooms were clean, despite being busy.

The Time Capsule consists of various water based, slides, rides and water based activities. It is worth mentioning that in some of the areas will get wet due to the water cannons!. The Wave machine is great fun and it was nice to enjoy something different.

One note though, I do have to agree with some of the previous members comments about the water cleanliness, as there were some foreign objects (Plastic wrappers and bits of plastic) floating around the water.

Overall a great day out!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been going to time capsule for years both before and after kids because it’s handy and a fun way to spend an hour or two.
It’s always been quite grubby, the “refurb” was disapppointing to say the least. Suppose they just shoved some new stuff in and forgot to clean all the old stuff.
The grime is quite off putting but it does what it says on the tin. You swim, have fun and leave. Or go ice skating which we usually do.
We never eat here because it’s overpriced processed rubbish.
Here’s the few things that really annoy me about here:
The waves can be strong as hell and knock people over, especially in the shallow end. Literally kids and the weak legged flying everywhere.
The “lifeguards” are all very very young and spend a lot of time chatting and moping around drinking energy drinks. I wouldn’t trust them to save anyone’s life. I wouldn’t trust them to be able to tie their own shoelaces to be honest!
They block off the ladder to the left of the main pool but they block it with a plant pot so people get all the way up with kids before being told to get back in the pool and swim to the other side to get out. Utterly ridiculous.
The locker system is absolutely shocking. There are always faulty fobs and you need to swap them over and fart around trying to get your bloody locker closed or opened!
The showers are roasting. Like scalding. You can’t put kids under them. This needs addressed I’m certain it’s a health and safety issue.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

My son played ice hockey game here, I didn’t know there was a water park next to the rink, it looks great !! Would never have thought I’d want to return to Coatbridge - but I do !

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Great slides, flumes and wave machine but felt some areas were grotty like the changing areas. Flumes could probably do with an upgrade but had a great afternoon here as so much for the kids to do. Only went to the swimming pool.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Have visited many times as the kids love the chutes, however there are a number of things that if changed would make this an excellent facility. First the changing area. Considering this facility is aimed at families the changing areas are not great. Only a handfull of family changing rooms which people are always queing up to use and the rest are so tiny its hardly possible to get one person dressed never mind 4, so then you have to split up which means emptying the bags and making sure everyone has the right clothes, throw into the mix being cold, wet and having a 2 yr old its a bit of a nightmare! Time capsual management should visit the on-x in linwood their changing facilities are amazing for families!
Secondly the pool temperature, the pool is freezing im sure this is down to cost rather than anything else would be great if it could be a good bit warmer my kids were actually chittering!
Lastly the hair dryers, i know this may not be a big issue to many but having 2 girls with long hair and when its cold outside i hate not drying their hair off after swimming but in the time capsual its impossible unless u spent about an hour and at least £10 in 20ps!!! They are awful!!!! Again management should take a look at other facilities in glasgow and linwood where in most now its normal hairdryers and they are free! All of the above being better would make our experience much more enjoyable!

2  Thank Aimeejacqueline
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Let's start from the beginning. £22.50 for 2 children and an adult.

Went downstairs to the changing rooms and they were filthy. Due to the floors being wet and outdoor shoes, the floors were covered in muddy water. The changing rooms were dirty and had nappies left on the floor on several of the cubicles. I had to ask a member of staff if there was any baby changing units as there was none in the larger changing rooms. Once changed, we attempted to put our clothes into the lockers. If they weren't broke, they were disgusting.

The pool was absolutely mobbed. When the wave machine was on we felt like sardines in a tin.

1  Thank Barry J
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I've been here many times before and my recent visit was ok.

Firstly there is loads of parking so no issues there. However when I paid I was a little shocked at the price. My kids get in for free as they are members of Lanarkshire leisure club thing and for me and my wife it was just short of £20.

The changing rooms were ok. Granted they weren't spotless but that's hard when it's so busy. Some lockers were broken but the showers were good and really warm.

The pool was a little too busy though but we managed to get everything done that the kids wanted to do.

Thankfully we got £4 back at the end for the locker bands so the price came down to about £16 so it wasn't too bad I guess.