“Fantastic food & Excellent views”

The Spinnaker Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gourock
Buckingham
“Fantastic food & Excellent views”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Whilst walking along Gourock pier - absolute brilliant views across the water, we decided to have a meal in the Spinnaker, it was amazing food & great table by the window looking at the wonderfull view. Very Friendly and polite staff. Accomadates all ages- my 89yr old mother had tea & loved the food. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: views & food fantastic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MsAttentiontodetail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not advised at time of booking that one of the rooms was not en suite. We could have possibly accepted this if we had been informed. The girl checking us in was not helpful and told us she wasn't getting involved. The room that actually had a shower was also disappointment as you either needed to have a freezing or scolding hot shower.
All rooms within our party were extremely small. The rooms are not worth the £80 they charge.
Extremely small towels, no bath mats. Some rooms had bottled water provided others didn't. Non en suite bathroom had cracked tiles and was not the cleanest.
We requested to speak to a manager 3 times and even now we have left we have still not seem him! We were also not advised when booking that we wouldn't be able to eat or drink in the bar due to private function. Again this info should have been given before we booked.
We managed to eat before the deadline and the food was also a disappointment. Avoid chicken, the burger or macaroni. All of these were of a poor quality.
The people in our party will not be back!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Lauzabee
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
I thought I'd responded to this review.
Quite harsh. I disagree with a lot of it and particularly the price since that's what they specifically mention it in the title of the review. It was good of the reviewer to post on tripadvisor but they forgot to say that rooms 2 and 7 that they stayed in where never charged for. I would have consider reducing the price because they never got the rooms they expected but the credit card details taken didn't process so NOTHING was taken, I'm sure there's an explantion for this but I never got a chance to discuss. I'm sure when checking their card statements this would have been noticed but they never contacted me. Can't get much cheaper than that.

I wouldn't want to disappoint you again so I'll be happy not to see you back.
Scotland
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you're after some decent pub food in nice and casual surroundings then this is a great place. As once a local to Gourock, I have never had any complaints on visiting here. I visited recently for the first time in several years and had a very enjoyable 2 course lunch which was very good value. Unfortunately I could not finish my main course as it was so generous and after having a starter too I was full up! Staff were friendly and attentive.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to the Spinnaker Hotel with an elderly disabled couple in wheelchairs. They gave us a great table by the window overlooking the bay, and were very helpful and friendly. They had a good access ramp so it was good for the wheelchairs.
The menu was fairly decent, with all hearty meals. The soup and prawn cocktails were good. Several of us had steak pie which was OK but not brilliant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is always a must on my trips to Scotland. I bypass all the Glasgow hotel to get to this venue. This hotel has a view out over the Clyde to die for. The food is all freshly made and scrumptious. Owner and staff could not be more attentive to guests needs. Great place. Will be returning again without doubt personal four star rating.

• Stayed July 2013
greenock, scotland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A big heartfelt thank-you to the spinaker hotel for making our family celebrations a special day to rememeber! The food and service were excellent and everybody enjoyed their meals. I would highly recommend it for any occasion!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine F
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Total chill factor
Helpful and courteous staff. Clean and comfortable room with spectacular views over the Clyde

AMAZING BREAKFAST (thank you Avril) Also lunch is a -Fish and Chip "Heaven"
We recommend to those wishing for good hospitality, good food, clean and comfortable accommodation.

THANKYOU SPINNAKER....keep on doing what you are doing !

Gerrard and Lindi.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gourock
The Bay Hotel
Royal Marine
Royal Marine
#9 of 11 in Dunoon
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to The Spinnaker Hotel? Share your experiences!