“Lovely staff. Great meal.”

and 1 more site!
The Spinnaker Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gourock
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff. Great meal.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Spinnaker Hotel a few months ago. It was recommended to us by my sister and brother in law who have eaten there frequently. The food was great and staff were lovely. We have just recently bought a flat in Gourock because of the outstanding views and can't wait for this very friendly hotel to become our local.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your postive feedback. I'm delighted to read your sister and brother in laws recommendation was one you also enjoyed. If there's anything you think would help make any future visits to the Spinnaker even more enjoyable please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your time at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bibury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed a the Spinnaker Hotel at the beginning of Jan on our way north. The staff were friendly and attentive and the room was lovely. All was well until we went to bed as the room was at the front and the noise from the road was terrible. Unfortunately we must have been practically above the bar as well so the noise from there also bad. We did not complain as there was nothing that could be done but possibly a room choice could be given in future for those of us from the country who are not used to traffic noise!

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Sorry you felt the Spinnaker was only worth a poor rating due mainly to the noise. The only way for me to have resolved this would have been to have moved you to one of the rooms at the back of the hotel but they have no view (or none to speak of). It would have been an option had you asked.
The volume of traffic at night for most of the year is pretty low. We are not in built up, heavy commercialised area or overly close to any city centre.
The feedback in general is the rooms at the front are spectacular as much for the view as anything else and more often than not guests specifically ask for them including those who have stayed before.
I appreciate constructive critisism, it can be valuable, but I can't solve a problem if I don't know it exists.
Thanks for taking the time to review the Spinnaker Hotel.
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Had a meal with friends the food was good but the service was shocking. Staff took our order and food arrived promptly then that was the last we saw of the staff. We arrived at 19:30 and ate about 20:00. We were still chatting at 22:00 with our plates still on the table and empty glasses. No one came and asked at anytime if we would like any desert. Not what I expected when you read other reviews.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Rogermarr
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Really disappointed to read this. Unacceptable and no excuses for it. What date where you in the Spinnaker?
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed there a few years back, he hails from Greenock and I from the USA, cozy room, outstanding location.....and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely dinner, and loved my morning walks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy Hall K
Thank you for taking the time to review the Spinnaker. I appreciate the comments.
Inverclyde
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I didn't use the hotel but went in for dinner. The choice of food was brilliant. I had the breaded mushrooms and mac n cheese and they were both excellent. Great sized portions. staff were also excellent, very friendly and helpful. I live locally and had not been for food in here in ages - will defo not leave it as long next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LynneM21
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Spinnaker. Appreciate your complimentary review. If there's anything you'd like to see on the Spinnaker menu that we don't already do I'd be happy to hear. Thank you again for reviewing the hotel.
west of Scotland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a small privately run hotel with a very friendly staff and some of the best views in Scotland.I don't live too far from the Spinnaker so I have only used the rooms on the odd occasion but have not hesitated in recommending it to visiting family and friends over the years when I haven't had had enough room to put them up myself and without exception have all spoken very highly of it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the river with the mountains in the background.can't be beaten!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ando72
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Four of us went for a meal and drinks, I was the only newcomer. A friendly welcome from the staff and 4 cracking meals. Prompt and efficient service, great views across the water. Look forward to the next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SpinnyGourock, Owner at The Spinnaker Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Really appreciate the positive feedback particularly after a recent review that was less than complimentary. I have already responded to it.
I'm really keen to develop and improve the food side of the Spinnaker. If you have any suggestions or ideas that you think would help do this I'd be delighted to hear them. It might be on service, price, choice or presentation to mention a few things. I understand everybody has different tastes and expectations. I can't necessarily please everyone but there's no harm in trying.
Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gourock
Holiday Inn Express Greenock
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Hunters Quay Hotel
Hunters Quay Hotel
#5 of 11 in Dunoon

Been to The Spinnaker Hotel? Share your experiences!