“Great food and excellent service”
Review of Flava Coffee Co

Flava Coffee Co
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gourock
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a family meal at Flava last Saturday evening. We have been several times in the past and have always found the food, atmosphere and service to be excellent. Our request for a table by the window so we could enjoy the views of the Clyde was honoured, the food was excellent quality and cooked to perfection, and the service was attentive and friendly without being over the top. We will definitely be back very soon; this was another lovely dining experience at Flava

joe-flava, Manager at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thanks for the review :)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We used to come here quite a lot for coffee and cake and occasional lunch, but feel now it is more like a bar and is not nearly as nice and comfortable ad it was. The view from upstairs is fantastic and I feel the staff are trying very hard but I liked it as a coffee shop , we used to see mothers with preteen children being introduced to coffee outings but that does not seem to happen anymore its all gone "to adult" , oh well I'll just make coffee and cake at home instead!

Hi, we have evolved into more than just a coffee shop although we haven't forgotten our roots and still make every effort to appeal to and satisfy the demands of our coffee shop customers. To survive in a small town we felt the need to appeal to a wider market. I hope you have a change of heart as you will always be welcome at Flava.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Okay so we gave it a try again after the last time . Granted the vodka was in a smaller glass with less mixer , I do think you could have more dinner type meals on the menu for night time dining , What really let us down was our booking was 19:30 and when we arrived we had to wait on our table being cleared by a group of young women drinking cocktails and then with the table being up in the left hand corner next to the bar the whole way through the meal the table was bumped by these "women" and at some points had their backsides planked on the end of the table , Would recommend any night for dinner apart from a friday or saturday as the cocktail seekers take over the bar , On the plus side the food was very nice and the staff were great , On a personal note I would ask if you could with the mixed starter for two keep the fish away from the meat as the parma ham had fish oil on it and I hate fish that would be great

joe-flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hi, I'm assuming you asked to be seated in the Loft, it would have been explained to whoever made the booking for your group that it gets real busy as a bar and the option of sitting in the downstairs restaurant would have been given.
I'm glad you enjoyed your food and drinks and thanks for the feedback regarding the starter, I will be sure to inform our head chef.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate here twice, and although it was very busy both times, we managed to get a table upstairs by the window, which overlooks The Clyde. Loved the haggis and cheese wrap and homemade soup. Enjoyed a couple of cocktails as the sun went down. Very, very pleasant indeed.

joe-flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for the review, you really are a first class lady :)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We expected a half decent cup of coffee in a coffee shop, we were disappointed.
The coffee was not very good at all. We ordered lattes and they tasted as if they had no coffee in them whatsoever. (Yes, I know lattes are milky, but I expect to able to taste coffee too)

I am genuinely surprised that you think this. Did you try speaking to the barista or a supervisor? it may have been that an extra shot of espresso would have made a world of difference to you.
We put great efforts into the quality of our coffee and are consistently complimented on it. We invest heavily on up to date equipment. Training and quality control are a priority. Our beens are reassuringly expensive and I am a coffee geek so I know a good from a poor blend.