“Great Food & Friendly Staff”
Review of Fusion

Fusion
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Gourock
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited Fusion, with friends, for the first time and the six of us had an enjoyable experience. The waitresses and the manager were friendly and attentive, the food was excellent (Duck, Monkfish, Vennison among our choices) and the surroundings (I think we were in the Private Dining Room) were very pleasant. I accept it is a bit more expensive than other restaurants in Inverclyde, £40 per head for 3 courses, coffee, wine, beer(s); but then it is better! There is a early evening menu avaiable. We will be back.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Visited with a group of friends to celebrate a significant birthday. Arrived in time to be offered the early evening menu as well as the a la carte.We all opted for the early evening menu which was terrific value.Everything was freshly prepared,generous portions and great quality.
Service was excellent throughout. Decor is simple and classy creating a very relaxing atmosphere.Would deffinately come back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Do not agree with " emperors new clothes " at all. The establishment does not have to be fancy, the simplicity and homely feel of the restaurant adds to the experience. Food always to a high quality and the early evening option is great. Always look forward to a beautiful meal, the only thing id like to add is that if the customer would like their food cooked a little longer that should not be a problem, therefore an issue should not be made of this.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After a long cycle from Greenock to Gourock on a balmy Saturday evening, we were looking forward to a meal in Cafe Continental, where we had dined before on many an occasion and enjoyed ourselves. Sadly, upon entering the Cafe (without a reservation), we were advised by a rather over-worked waitress that they were "chock a block". Silly us for being so presumptious?

Oh well. Off we strolled, just about to give up and settle for a smoked sausage supper when we came across Fusion, just across the way from Gourock station.

We looked at the external menu on the wall of the building which looked very impressive and checked our watches - realising that the early evening menu ran until 5:45pm and it was now 5:40pm. We didn't mind. We were starving and both menus were fantastic.

We ascended the stairs and entered the quiet building. The lady that greeted us had to check that there was availability and there was - hurrah! Our coats were taken and we were ushered to a lovely, intimate corner table with a window view.

The interior was quite similar to a tea room (as a previous reviewer had mentioned). There was a lovely, ornate fire place just to the right of us and the room was very relaxed.

To our surprise, the early evening menu which we felt we had missed was still available to us and who were we to turn down the opportunity to enjoy 3 delicious sounding courses for £15.95??!!

I ordered a smoked prawn Caesar salad to start which had a stunning combination of flavours and was beautifully presented. My partner went for the vibrant tomato and red pepper soup with fresh, home baked bread. Absolutely delicious!!!

For my main, I went for the grilled rump steak with garlic mash and mushroom jus and my partner had chicken supreme with spicy Lewis haggis, creamed mash and green peppercorn sauce. We also had a turine of broccoli, carrots and mange tout. Portion size was absolute massive and again, the food was cooked beautifully with a well thought out combination of flavours.

For dessert, I went for the Italian ice cream with raspberry coulis and my partner had the profiteroles with whiskey cream and butterscotch sauce. Absolutely to die for!!!

The service throughout the evening was professional and friendly (as a slight negative, I'd say it took a little too long to initially take our order, but perhaps the ethos of this restaurant is more relaxed than others and I'd honestly rather wait 10 minutes than feel rushed).

We were made to feel very welcome and we had a lovely time. I couldn't believe how cheap the bill was at the end. For the quality of food and service, I'd have happily paid double.

I hope that the people of Gourock and surrounding areas support this restaurant as it is a true credit to the area and we can't wait to return (I live in England and will gladly make the return journey!)

goodfoodGourock, Manager at Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Fusion. We strive to keep a high standard of food and service at all times and your feedback is much appreciated by all the staff at Fusion.
We hope to see you dining with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Amy Beckett
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2013

In reply to last review "emperors new clothes". Perhaps Fusion was not his type of restaurant ,maybe it was too expensive for him however we have all been in restaurants (yes in Glasgow) which were not too our taste and certainly not value for money considering the quality of the food but we don't rush home and write a scathing review-we just don't go there again. This is people's livelihoods he is dealing with and I think his review was totally uncalled for.
The food in Fusion is all freshly cooked from scratch unlike most other restaurants in this area and that is what makes it the best. It is not a bistro type restaurant it is fine dining.
The early evening menu is superb value offering a limited selection of food but of the same high standard as the regular menu.

1  Thank Mogeo