“Perfect location, relaxing stay, want to go again!”
Review of Foxhills

Foxhills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My sister and myself love spa's and have been to a few bad ones of late, where the environment is uncomfortable, facilites poor etc. This was the opposite. it had more than enough (supercomfy) beds around the gorgeous pool, staf were friendly and helpful, lcoation was stunning. You do have to get changed to go to Bar 19 but we didnt really mind ti be honest and the food was so lovely it made up for it. We stayed overnight in the idyllic hotel rooms which were so cosy, clean , and perfect size if you want to continue pampering once your in your room! Service all round was great, left feeling refreshed and relaxed and gutted to be leaving! couldnt recommend it more!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen M
There are newer reviews for Foxhills

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Foxhills is a resort destination surrouinded by 3 golf courses (2x18 and 1x9 holes) and with lots of other sports activities – tennis, swimming, kid’s play facilities, spa, etc, etc. It also has functions such as weddings. Restaurant facilities are in the original old house. We stayed in a modern block separate from the house by a short walk: there are also rooms in older converted buildings. The room was large, well appointed and to ‘international’ standards: staff were attentive and the breakfast spread was impressive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin T
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My daughters and I spent a spa weekend here. We arrived on Friday and had champagne afternoon tea. Our rooms were massive and beautifully decorated with huge bathrooms with a bath and a shower. Our rooms included their own fridges which were well stocked with wine and soft drinks. Outside we had a table overlooking the outside pool.
We ate in Bar XIX and the Main House - both meals were very good. We knew about the no denim rule and were quite happy with that, it's nice to dress up once in a while! Breakfast is excellent with a choice of hot or Continental.
On Saturday we visited the spa and had massages, facials, manicures and pedicures, rounding the visit off relaxing in the Spa garden with a glass of Prosecco.
The gardens are beautiful with plenty of well sign posted paths to walk along. We found all the staff polite and helpful.
We were sad to leave on Sunday but have vowed to go back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jahdevon54
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you arrive you just get caught up in the beautiful settings of this hotel. The sweeping drive showing off the immaculate grounds on you way up to the manor house shows you the quality that continues throughout your stay. I joined my party for afternoon tea in the terrace room. The cakes, sandwiches and pastries were delicious and we topped ours off with a glass of bubbles. The bedrooms were beautifully decorated with good seating areas (for us both inside and out) a huge bathroom filled with fluffy towels and robes, and best of all your very own bar area!! Loved it. We ate in both bar XIX and the manor restaurant and were impressed with the food in both. The manor is more of a formal dinning experience and I can recommend the lamb!! We took full advantage of the spa and booked a range of treatments. Michelle was a brilliant therapist and looked after me so well. We also came away with a variety of products too. The spa garden was a haven of tranquility. Just sit and relax with a good book. The staff are friendly and welcoming and just make you feel so relaxed and at ease. I can't wait to go back and visit again as there is so much to do we couldn't fit it all in to one weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jen20
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Booked a spa day here last minute as couldn't face killing a whole day whilst my teenagers were having fun at Thorpe Park. Was so pleased I did as it was perfect for me. I had a full body massage with hot stones and a facial which was lovely and relaxing. The spa was very nice too and the day just whizzed by. Enjoyed the lunch in the Manor House. Will definitely be encouraging my teenagers to have another day at Thorpe Park soon so I can return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2014

A beautiful country manor with above average rooms, fixtures and spotlessly clean. Caution, it's a bit pretentious but in an English proper kind of way. We were eyed when entering the bar with new blue jeans on and advised in the main (expensive) restaurant that blue jeans, in spite of brand new shape, cuff linked shirt, and proper sports coat were not "acceptable attire." It easy to say fine I'll go elsewhere but elsewhere (other than the acceptable but unremarkable and service slow XIX hole golf lounge/restaurant) is the only eatery nearby. Was a wedding party in attendance whilst I was there so there was much noise from outside at night and stomping from the second floor was disruptive to sleep. Decent room rate compared to other area choices but not a sure thing I would chose again over other local hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had an amazing time at Foxhills. We stayed in one of the Garden rooms which was very impressive-spacious, heated bathroom floor, rain shower and nice toiletries/tea/coffee selection. We also had a DVD player in the room though the choice of DVDs needs to be updated.
The staff were really professional and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate in both the Manor House restaurant and Nineteen. We thoroughly enjoyed all of our meals-they smoke their own fish which was delicious.
The grounds...wow-400 acres of beautiful green landscape and well maintained golf course. We enjoyed walking through the grounds in the sunshine on the Sunday.
Spa-again wow! I have visited many spas worldwide and I was very impressed even with the black robes and slippers. My therapist was very knowledgeable about Elemis products-even more than my Elemis beauticians in London which was impressive. I would recommend the Rasul treatment and the outdoor hot-tub.
Would definitely recommend for a relaxing couples break a short distance from London.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottershaw
Great Fosters
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Foxhills? Share your experiences!