“Lovely 2 Night Break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely 2 Night Break”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights at Foxhills and had a brilliant time. The spa was very nice as were the rooms. The breakfast is very yummy, and I would also highly recommend the beautiful fresh scones for afternoon tea at the Manor Bar. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoJoMoore
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the relevant heads of departments. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our Signature Afternoon Tea served in the Manor Lounge; this is always popular during the winter months especially when sitting next to a warm open fire. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust you had a safe journey home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for the dinner dance in the Manor House with friends on New Year's Eve. Friendly and efficient check in staff. We were in a standard room which was in a separate building, not ideal if wet - which it was. Each room has a golfing umbrella. Lovely bathroom with Elemis toiletries

The dinner was good and the service too. The only minus point of the evening was that you had to move to another room for the music and dancing

The setting of Foxhills is lovely, set in the Surrey countryside

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I’m delighted to read that you attended one of our New Year’s Eve events held at the Resort; I trust you and your friends had a lovely time and enjoyed the celebrations. I am sorry to read that you found moving into another room not ideal and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments so that they will be taken into consideration when planning for next year’s events; it is feedback such as yours that helps us to improve the experience for other attendees. We hope you will return to the Resort in the near future to experience our other facilities.
emd47
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I have just arrived back from a beautiful, relaxing break at Foxhills. We stayed in a large room in the lime house, which boasts views across the course and some lovely additional touches, including robes, elemis bath products and a very comfy bed.
During our stay we enjoyed a range of treatments and made use of the pool and spa area, the outside hot tub is a lovely experience in the December chill!
Our only complaint (needs some attention) was the dinner! The food itself is lovely, however the service is very stuffy and rushed. We were sat in the side dining room, which feels removed from the main room. The tables are far too close together and this, combined with a lack of music makes it feel like you are dining with the table next to you. We very much enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the main room (different front of house), so I advise you request a table in there.

In all we had a wonderful time and we will be returning soon.

Thank you to the team at Foxhills for making this a great end to our Christmas!

Emma & Ricky

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank emd47
Dear Emma & Ricky, thank you for your lovely review regarding your experience at the Resort during December 2012, I trust you had a lovely Christmas & New Years. I’m delighted to read that you made full use of the Healthspa facilities and treated yourselves to a range of treatments that we have on offer. I am however disappointed to read that your dining experience during dinner in the Manor Restaurant was not up to its usual standard. I am truly surprised by your comments regarding the service and dining facilities, I hope you accept my sincere apologies; I will be sure to pass on your constructive comments to the team of staff within the Restaurant. Despite this, I am glad to read that you and your partner had a “wonderful time” during your stay and will be returning for a second visit in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The wife and I treated ourselves to a post Xmas pre new year spa day. We arrived at 10am and our itinerary, robe and slippers were waiting for us. Relaxation started almost straight away.
We had a Rasul. which was interesting! Covered each other in mud and sat in a steam room before the automatic showers started. We enjoyed it but as it was our first time we didn't know what to expect and weren't given much instruction. Still a nice experience.

We both had hot stone massages and mini facials. Steph who did mine was great I felt very relaxed afterwards. Sara did the wife the only negative was it ended too quickly.

Lunch in the manor house was really nice. The food and service was excellent and we recommend the cod and chorizo if you get the chance.

To finish the day the wife had a manicure (again with Steph) which she really rated and I had a chest wax (I know! but I am a bit of a tart!). Rachel did my treatment and she was really good, it was my first time and didn't know what to expect. It went well

Pro's
Treatment staff are wonderful, you feel like you've been truly spoilt.
Food in the Manor house was first rate
Itinerary was created so you could plan your day
Gym was available to use - we chose not to
Different treatments available that we haven't seen before

Cons
Pool area wasn't very big (raining outside so limited use of the facilities) and towards the end of the day all the seats were taken and the pool area was very busy
No chill out zone inside, it was the pool area or the garden.
Robes were a bit tatty (mine was ripped inside)
This hard to elaborate on, but the reception girls could have been a bit more engaging. During treatment the girls were great but it would have been nice to be asked if everything was okay as we passed reception.
No hot drinks available, we didn't mind paying but we didn't want to get dressed and go to the main bar if we wanted a coffee.

All in all a very nice day, people were lovely and we will return in drier weather to enjoy the outside garden space.

1 Thank Kevin L
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Spa Day at Foxhills. It was lovely to read a very thorough review and I’m delighted that you will be returning to Foxhills sometime in the near future; we therefore look forward to welcoming you back. We were sorry however, to read that you were disappointed with certain aspects during your stay. We have read through your comments and wanted you to rest assured that we have taken all your points on board, I will be sure to distribute them to the relevant heads of department. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we are continually striving to ensure we meet our guest’s expectations, we would therefore like the opportunity to discuss with you your review. Our Spa Manager Charlene Phipp has expressed an interest in taking a moment of your time over the phone if at all possible. We apologise for the negative aspects during your Spa Day and sincerely hope that we are given the opportunity to speak with you further. Her contact details are as follows: CPhipp@foxhills.co.uk 01932 704555.
Reading England
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay using the spa facilities, dinner & breakfast. The room was very large but not too much of a wow, sad little Christmas tree with 3 baubles lol! Ensuite large and contemporary. The TV only worked on channel one (none of the buttons worked). We are both teccys but this TV had us baffled. No milk in the room for tea/coffee but plenty of sachets to chose from. If we were staying longer than one night we would have asked re the TV and asked for milk! Room was very hot and took until early hours before it cooled down..The spa was fine but the pool could have been slightly warmer. The jacuzzi only worked in half the area, and it appeared that to keep it working you had to keep getting out and pushing the button! Another couple were there quite a while so we decided to investigate the other jacuzzi outside. Yes outside! It was actually very pleasant but very hot so didn't notice the chill of a December night! Nice toiletries in the showers and spinner for your cozzie. Dinner (choose from menu) & breakfast (buffet with lots of choice) both excellent with very attentive, friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent one nights stay at Foxhills, we appreciate the time you have taken to give us your feedback. I would therefore like to take this opportunity to address some of the disappointing points within your review. I’m sorry to hear that the basic services within your room were not up to standard; I am also baffled by the TV and can only suggest that the batteries within the remote perhaps needed to be replaced. I can assure you, that had the problems been mentioned to a member of staff, we would have been more than happy to send one of our night porters to resolve some of the issues that arised that evening. However, please accept my sincere apologies; I appreciate that our housekeeping staff could have taken preventative measures to ensure that all services within your room were working properly prior to you checking in, rest assured I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments. I am happy to report that following your comments regarding the Jacuzzi in the Healthspa, that the button has now been moved to prevent guests form having to jump in and out of the pool. Despite all of the above, I am delighted to read that you still enjoyed your stay and found your experiences in the Manor Restaurant for both dinner and breakfast to be of an excellent standard. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Foxhills in the near future so we can restore your faith in our bedroom facilities.
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had an excellent two night stay with breakfast in room 48. Cannot fault the staff, facilities, and the service. A lovely relaxing hotel and leisure resort. Ideal for families as well with very good facilities for the children.
Our room was large, well furnished and an excellent bathroom with separate shower of good size.
We would mention the mattress had two dips in it and we reported this. They turned the mattress over and this improved it but it really does need replacing. The accommodation is separate to the main building and is open to the weather, but each room has an umbrella.
The hotel information booklet was missing from our room but was supplied on our request as this is worth looking through.
Overall we rate this Hotel very highly and well worth staying at, especially if you are into golf, leisure and fitness, health and beauty, or just like good walks. There are two walks around the grounds; the red route is 2k and blue route is 5k. We did the blue route and this very enjoyable.
The dining rooms extremely pleasant and these and the other eating facilities all very good. The staff throughout very friendly and helpful.
We would certainly go back again when we receive the special offers, as we did this time with secretescapes.com

Room Tip: Rooms 48 and 49 very good in Lyne House and rooms 2 and 3 very good in the Courtyard. For families w...