“Great hotel in a lovely setting!”
Review of Foxhills

Foxhills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Foxhills as a birthday treat. We had a wonderful relaxing stay. The Manor Restaurant was very good and the staff were attentive. Our room was large and we were very pleased considering it was a standard room. The bathroom was lovely with underfloor heating. The bed was a very generous size and most comfortable, on a par with American accommodation, which we like. All in all, a lovely hotel and worth the money. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay during December 2012. Firstly I’d like to say happy belated birthday to you, I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday treat and would most definitely consider returning again in the near future, to which we look forward to welcoming you. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your compliments regarding the accommodation, I’m glad it lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at foxhills on Saturday night as we were attending a party in the summerhouse. Bedroom was lovely and spacious (we were in Lyne house), spa was gorgeous, the hotel grounds and buildings were stunning and we had a fabulous stay. Wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your charming review regarding your stay in Lyne House after attending a party in the Summerhouse Restaurant. We trust you had a wonderful time celebrating on Saturday evening and I hope the event was a great success. I’m delighted to read that you made full use of the facilities before your departure, however it’s a shame that you had to leave so early, We sincerely hope you have the opportunity to return to the Resort in the near future so that you can experience the rest that Foxhills has to offer, we’d be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a birthday treat, absolutely beautiful setting, wonderful old country manor style main building and complemtary new buildings. We stayed in a room located in the cobbled courtyard which was well appointed having a lovely seating area, a small bar type facility located behind doors and a lovely full en suite. The golf course was really great we used the 9 hole which is included in he cost of the room and breakfast package. There us also a full golf course for an additional charge. We did not get to use the pool and spa but it looked very good and something I would love to use should I be treated again to this lovely hotel! I am sure my boyfriend would live the opportunity of playing the main golf course :) We ate in bar 19 which was very nice, pleasant staff, lovely bar style food and on the Saturday evening a pianist and sax ensemble entertained.
My only criticism would be that the cooked breakfast was rather cold and they did run out if gluten free bread which was a shame,
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel it really is quite splendid - ENJOY

• Stayed: December 2012

Happy belated birthday to you, we hope you and your partner had a wonderful stay! I’m glad to read that you both benefited from the use of our 9 hole Manor Course during your time spent at the Resort, however it’s a shame you didn’t have time to make full use of our spa facilities; we do nevertheless offer couples spa day packages on our gift voucher website if this is something you would both like to experience in the future, perhaps for your next birthday or anniversary. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Bar Nineteen, I’m delighted you had the chance to experience the live music that makes an appearance most Saturdays. On the contrary I’m sorry to hear that the cooked breakfast in the Manor Restaurant had gone cold and that we had ran out of gluten free bread, I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Head Chef so we can work towards ensuring this does not happen again for future residents, please accept my sincere apologies. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and hope that you will be treated to our facilities sometime again in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at Foxhills recently as a treat for myself and my Mum. 2012 has been a bit of a year and we wanted to get away locally and just relax. Oh my goodness, relax we did. It was a crisp afternoon with the sun shining so we decided to have a walk around the acres in which Foxhills is set. We then went back to our room with the intention of grabbing our stuff and heading for the Spa but we just chilled in our room. Again we intended to have a nice meal in the Manor House restaurant but ended up with room service! So lazy but we were so in need of just that. We stayed in the Lyne House building in an executive twin. A great size room with tv, dvd player and a selection of hot and cold drinks. There was a little fridge in the room too which with fresh milk made tea and coffee drinking even more enjoyable. The bathroom was enormous and so warm. The bath was luxurious enough for me to lie flat in and at just under six foot tall was a luxury. The shower cubicle was like a small room in itself and the Elemis smellies were lovely. Warm fluffy towels and robes were also provided. More importantly, the bottle of wine we ordered was delivered exactly how I asked for it. Extremely cold and covered in ice.
The next day we went to the spa for some treatments (Elemis Face and Body Sensation) it was amazing and my therapist was someone called Vikki. She was amazing and soon got rid of all my knotty bits!
Amazing facilites (even for smaller people) and plenty to do without leaving the acres around you. The room had everything you would ever need, a safe, iron and ironing board, toiletries, soft and alcoholic drinks.
Would highly recommend.Although a very luxurious location, the staff were some of the friendliest I have ever met and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Rooms are scattered around the location. It was very quiet even though there was a wedding going on...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your stay here at Foxhills during November 2012. It was nice to read that you and your mother both had an enjoyable, relaxing stay and enjoyed all the personal touches in the rooms and around the Resort. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to your therapist Vikki in the Healthspa, along with the other relevant departments that were involved in making your stay here so enjoyable. We pride ourselves in offering our residents and members a friendly and personable service, it is therefore a delight to read that our “staff were some of the friendliest you had ever met” and that “nothing was too much trouble.” We look forward to welcoming you back to our “local retreat” in the near future, and trust that when you departed us you felt better than when you arrived.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have just stayed at Foxhills as part of a spa getaway with a group of 11 women. The old house itself is beautiful from the outside, and even nicer on the inside. It is wonderfully decorated, but still in keeping with the feel of the building.

Our rooms were in a separate, modern built building (Lyne House) but again, were all spacious and wonderfully decorating with brilliant bathrooms and facilities in the room (robes, for example, and great TVs...and little balconies alongside the usual coffee/tea type things. oh, and Elemis smellies!). And the beds were amazingly comfortable.

The spa treatments (facial and massage) were lovely, and the pool area/sauna etc were very relaxing. Some of my friends ventured into the plunge pool outside – but I decided against that one, I preferred to stay in the warm outdoor sauna! There were periods of time when rooms in the spa (such as steam room) weren't working, but there was plenty more to be doing instead so it didn't detract from our stay.

We didn’t use them due to the weather, but there were plenty of tennis courts, golf courses, separate pool/entertainment for kids and families (therefore keeping children out of the spa area). There are also several restaurants and bars, although we only drank and ate in the main old house.

The food was brilliant, at all of lunch, dinner and breakfast, and there was an excellent selection of wines available.

The staff were always willing to help, and were pleasant to deal with.

The following morning showed Foxhills true beauty, however, when the winter sun came out and lit up the golf course and the old building. Sitting inside the restaurant looking out over the grounds was amazing. Although as a little warning – if the sun is out and shining through the window, ask if you can sit somewhere that isn’t directly in the sun as there aren’t any blinds, and we felt like we were cooking slightly!

All in all, a brilliant weekend - longing for an excuse to return, preferably for longer!

Room Tip: Room 68 in Lyne House was a bit bigger than others in our party.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimentary review regarding your stay during 2012. The Spa Getaway Package is a brilliant choice, allowing you all the delights of our beautiful 400 acre estate with a lovely cosy bed to top it all off. I apologise that there was a maintenance issue with the steam room during part of your stay; however I am pleased to read that this did not affect your experience too much. I hope you and all the ladies that accompanied you had a safe journey home and we look forward to welcoming you back to Foxhills in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here and wished it could have been more.
The staff do everything to make your stay perfect.
The rooms are luxurious large and have everything you need.
We loved the filter coffee and vast choices of tea.
The breakfast hot and cold selections are very good and the ambience of the dining room is superb.
We used the pool, gym and spa and it is all spotless and so well appointed.
I shall be returning as soon as I can !

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for writing such a charming review on your recent stay with us this November. I'm delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the Resort lived up to your expectations. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the relevant departments so they can see for themselves that all their hard work is truly paying off. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Yet another business trip another hotel! World famous for Golf, and spa, this is a terrific hotel. Spa and gym are outstanding, set in great grounds. Rooms are large well stocked and appointed. Bar is very cozy and inviting, well worth a visit. Restaurant is fantastic. There was one slightly older gentleman, who I assume was a waiter, arguably the most rude individual I have ever met, to the point it actually become amusing how rude he was. That said, the rest of the staff were very attentive and accomodating. I wanted something off menu and they could not do enough to serve it for me. A lovely location, good hotel, great service (apart from happy chappy in restaurant) and I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: great rooms, lots of verity, i stayed in a standard room, which was very large and well furnished an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay regarding a recent business trip at Foxhills. I’m delighted to read that you made full use of the facilities during your visit and found them to be of an ‘outstanding’ and ‘terrific’ standard. I am however sorry to read that one of our waiters did not respond to you in the appropriate manor during your dining experience in the Manor Restaurant, and for this I can only apologise on his behalf. I will be sure to follow this up with the relevant heads of department to ensure that our staff maintain their attentive and accommodating demeanour across the board. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back to Foxhills in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottershaw
Great Fosters
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Foxhills? Share your experiences!