“Spa day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Spa day”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Absolutely stunning hotel and gorgeous food. Myself and my mum booked a spa day and had a fab time. The therapist Steph did a fabulous massage - just wish it was longer. Lunch was included and that was delicious and loads of choice. The service was wonderful all the staff we encountered were so polite and helpful. Have not given five stars as I feel it would have been better to have more choice in the spa- more heat and ice choice, also i would of liked tea and coffee available in the spa area, nonetheless great day and a bargain!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely review about your recent Spa Day at Foxhills. Your kind words made for very pleasant reading and I will be sure to share them with your therapist Steph and the relevant heads of departments. I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to acquire any hot beverages within the spa area. Tea & coffee’s are available in our Relaxation Room after receiving your treatments, however we don’t allow drinks around the pool area, simply due to health & safety reasons. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights whilst attending a business function. The whole experience was very impressive - from check-in to check-out - these people seriously understand 'customer service and care!'
The drive up to the hotel is stunning and once you're there, the whole place feels relaxing and is immaculately clean. The hotel dinning experience is just like eating at your favourite restaurant, with a good selection through all courses - with prices for drink and wine comparable to similar restaurants.
There are very good and modern Spa, Gym, Golf, Squash and Tennis facilities available to all residents and didn't appear busy when I was at the hotel (mid-week).
I was so impressed, I've just booked another stay...............!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 1st floor level room next to one of the outdoor pools - extremely spacious and quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Russ, thank you for your review and we’re so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Foxhills. I am pleased that you found the Resort both impressive and of a high standard. I will distribute your kind feedback to the relevant departments as it is feedback such as yours that encourages them and shows that their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next stay.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Ottershaw and the surrounding areas. It feels like you are in the countryside - with a golf course, spa, gym. The rooms are huge and the bed very comfortable. I used the gym and it is really modern and large - so lots of equipment to cater for everyone. The bathroom is also large but a little dated.

There is a cosy bar which doubles as a dining area - very relaxing with a good range of drinks on offer. Note to hotel: The food was disappointing - serves were probably a bit too large and the compromise was on quality (steak was a bit boot leather like) and the fries were short and oily.

If I was in the area I'd definitely go back - it is definitely the best in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has the bed on the same level as the living room. Avoid room 6 as the bed is up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FoxhillsSurrey, Front Office Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed our luxury Health Spa it’s gym facilities. I am however sorry to hear that the food in Nineteen was not up to its usual standard. I can assure you that our Food & Beverage Manager will be made aware of your review and shall follow up on your feedback with the relevant Chefs in Nineteen. However, I’m pleased to see that you would definitely revisit Foxhills again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were booked in through Golf Breaks well in advance for October 16-18 and with bad weather predicted were lucky and amazed that although it poured with rain every night it was brilliant weather through the day.Amazing luck for the golf on both courses which were tough but worth it.The evening meals in the XIX bar were a high standard as were breakfast in the Manor.Room 23 where I stayed upstairs overlooking the outdoor pool in the courtyard was to a high standard with all facilities equal to a 5 star facility.The ensuite separate bath and shower stall suited me , a soak in the bath after my round of golf and a great bracing power shower in the morning,to wake me up!!All of the Foxhills staff from every aspect were a dream,smiling and helpful!Other resorts with these facilities would be hard pushed to compare!Recommended!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Stanpop
FoxhillsSurrey, Front Office Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review, I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay despite the weather. It’s great to see that our team’s ongoing hard work on the golf courses regarding aeration of the greens to increase water filtration is paying off and allowing our residents and members to still enjoy the greens, even after a heavy rainfall. It also pleases me to hear that our staff were “a dream, smiley and helpful”. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the relevant heads of department and we look forward to welcoming you back to Foxhills in the near future.
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had my 50th Birthday Masquerade black-tie Party in The Clubhouse at Foxhills on Saturday night. I first booked the venue c 1 year ago and particularly in the last c 6 months have worked closely with Chris Collard on all the planning. As I work in the events business myself I´m used to working on the sales side for our large financial events that we run worldwide. I therefore have very clear ideas of what I like and don´t like and I found true professionalism and flexibility within the whole team at Foxhills. I have to say there wasn´t a single item that I could fault, I had the most wonderful weekend! I should make special mention to Chris Collard, the Event Coordinator – he was always helpful, patient and happy despite my various requests – a true professional. To Sam, Head of Banqueting, for the actual event and to her banqueting team – thank you all for their unending support - nothing was too much. The food was excellent and along with my external suppliers the party venue looked amazing with my Masquerade theme. I would highly recommend the Foxhills event and hotel team (senior-junior) for their professionalism as well as The Clubhouse as a fantastic venue to hold a private party for 75+ guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Susan C
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your 50th birthday with us. I have passed on your kind comments to all the team at the hotel, including our Wedding Coordinator Chris Collard so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated by our guests. I understand the night was a great success and I believe our very own managing director Marc Hayton and General Manager Jeff Condliffe have both been in contact with you. I am glad that our team provided you with a “professional” & “flexible” service and we look forward to you visiting us again soon. Kind Regards.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here with family because it was convenient for a family funeral. Not quite what I'd expected from the website, Foxhills is very much a "resort" rather than a hotel. We stayed in the Lyne House accommodation block which is one of a number of separate blocks of accommodation in this sprawling resort. Rooms were of very good quality and I would be happy to stay there again.

We came by train and had to use taxis to and from the church, relatives' house and station and this was very expensive. The taxis were booked by the hotel and a short journey of about 3 miles cost us £16 one way!! So I would recommend that you drive here.

When we arrived we went for a walk around the complex. We'd taken our swimming costumes, but the only pool we could use as residents was outdoor and felt rather "exposed". We went looking for the brasserie to book an evening meal. The brochure in the hotel represented this as the place to go for a casual family meal. In fact it was next to another outdoor pool and was more like a cafe than a brasserie, shutting at 6pm!

Meals in the restaurant were too gourmet for our tastes, starters around £12 and mains around £25. We opted for the basic room service menu and were pleasantly surprised.

Breakfast is a buffet, pretty good, although on the second morning we ate at 8.45am and the staff were clearing the tables around us, so we took this as a sign that we needed to go, even though breakfast is served up until 10am. Service wasn't good in the restaurant for breakfast unless you are particularly pushy.

Overall the service was great, very pleasant staff. After the funeral, we returned for a quick tea of warm scones before setting off to our relatives' house for dinner. A table had been reserved by the fire, which was very welcome.

More of a golf hotel/sports complex than a hotel, although I can imagine the main house would be lovely for a wedding or similar celebration.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FoxhillsSurrey, Front Office Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Susan,

I am sorry to hear that your stay here at Foxhills was not to your satisfaction. I would also like to apologise for the confusion regarding the swimming facilities; all Residents of the Resort are entitled to full use of the facilities during their stay, allowing you to experience Foxhills from the perspective of a temporary Member of the Club. This includes our luxury £5 million Health Spa, 4 swimming pools both indoor & outdoor, 3 unique restaurants, 3 Championship golf courses, tennis & squash facilities, state-of-the-art gym, outdoor running & nature trail, along with access to over 40 fitness classes and complete facilities for the children as well. Foxhills isn’t just a hotel; we pride ourselves in being a Family Resort & our aim is to cater for all.

I am also disappointed with the feedback regarding your experience in the Manor Restaurant during Breakfast and I can assure you that this is not reflective of the usual standards of service that we provide on a continual basis. In response to the staff clearing the tables upon your arrival, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the majority of our residents aim to check out of the Club in the mornings, therefore the majority of our residents arrive in the restaurant from as early as 6am, it isn’t until around 8.30am that the number of diners begin to decrease. This consequently is a prime time for staff to begin clearing tables to maintain the standards of cleanliness throughout the Restaurant for our other morning diners. However, if you felt that staff were more attentive at cleaning tables than attending to you as a customer we can only apologise and this will be something we’ll pass on to the relevant department for them to address further.

I can assure you that we do take your comments on board and we are extremely grateful for your feedback. I hope that you will return to Foxhills in the near future so that we have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Kindest Regards
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently treatted my husband to a 24 golf stay at Foxhills, with some friends. Its a really lovely place -very resort like - and careful to think about all the different users and what they might like. The staff bend over backwards to try and make sure you have a good stay and there are lots of different areas and activities to take advantage of, with or without children. The men managed a very enjoyable round of golf on the Longcross, while we ladies lazed away in the spa with some treatments. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and retired to our rooms around midnight. We played tennis the next day and left regretfully at lunchtime. Its not cheap but then you don't get all the extras in this kind of place for nothing - it was worth it, believe me

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We’re so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Foxhills and were fortunate enough to experience most areas within the Resort during your stay. We thank you for taking the time to give your feedback; we will distribute your positive response to the relevant heads of departments to ensure our levels of service are kept high. We hope you left feeling better than when you arrived and we look forward to welcoming you back to Foxhills in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottershaw
Great Fosters
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Foxhills? Share your experiences!