“The Denison Duo”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Copper Creek Restaurant is a friendly old fashioned restaurant with a menu to include burgers, steaks, seafood, our famous homemade blackberry pie and homemade breads. Copper Creek has been in continuous operation since 1946 and is a well known spot to enjoy a meal.
Gardnerville, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Denison Duo”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I am here visiting my Dad since Thanksgiving 2013 and Copper Creek is always a place we like to go! In fact, we have been going to Copper Creek since the early 1970's. Since we are local, we frequent this place regularly and I must say, we have never had a bad experience! All of the staff have made us feel very welcome and we enjoy them as well. Only thing is the manager should take a few lessons from her waitresses in conversing with the guest. High marks for the cooks, the food is awesome. Excellent marks for all the friendly waitresses especially Tricia and. Sandy to name a few. If you are visiting the mountain and want to enjoy a lunch or a dinner in a warm, friendly, and relaxing atmosphere, I highly recommend Copper Creek. Thank you all for a wonderful 8 weeks here with my Dad. And......he will be seeing you regularly after I leave because you have all put a smile on his face and your warmth in his heart! Look forward to seeing you again as well, John

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank John D

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Not a very good experience here”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was one of the few restaurants in the area that was open one evening while my husband and I were in town, so we stopped in for dinner. We were told there was a long wait to sit in the dinning area and so we were offered the bar seats to sit at. Since we were told the wait was going to be a while and we are not very picky, we sat at the bar seats. The problem I had was that the bar seats are in the ground so I was actually very far from the actual counter and had to sit on the very edge of my seat the entire time in order to reach my food (I am short but not that short! ha.). I ordered the chicken Caesar salad and I can honestly say that I really disliked it. They put way too much dressing on so I was basically eating dressing with a few pieces of lettuce and then the dressing was actually the worst Caesar I have ever tasted. I also had some chicken bones in my chicken, but I was OK with that. My husband ordered the chili soup and a BLT and he liked his BLT but was not a huge fan of the chili.

I think I would have been OK with being disappointed in the meals, but what made things much worse is how expensive this restaurant is. They way over charge, especially for what you get.

I did like the atmosphere and location though. Maybe we just had a uniquely bad experience, but we would not go back to test this theory.

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Adequate but a tad disappointing....”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We'd been hoping to go to this restaurant for years. The opportunity finally presented itself. Nice ambiance and seating. Very good service. But the meal itself--underwhelming. We got the trout dinner. Great trout! but it came with a small loaf of very white bread (whole wheat anyone!) and berry butter (good); rice pilaf appeared to be from a box but tasted good if uninspiring and the veggies were the kind you buy frozen. Blackberry pie was very sweet and good enough. So, I had hoped for more, especially given the prices.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic Dinner”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

They specialise in blackberry sauces, vingarettes and very filling dishes. Lots of choice and the food was great.

Visited December 2013
olympia, wa
“Best within 30 miles or more”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This picturesque little restaurant is located just before you enter the park. It's on the left side of the road going in and if you're not watching you'll drive past it. Just look for where all the cars are parked- it's a popular stop for park visitors. I ordered the chili and found it both hearty and delicious. The black berry pie was memorable as well. Cozy, informal dining. Not the typical somber bar 'n burger cafe/tavern you'll find along this particular highway. What really sticks in my mind is how the business is run. No doubt in my mind that a crew of dedicated women manage this place from the kitchen to the front door. Service was timely and friendly. And the prices were reasonable. Best stop I've found for lunch or early dinner within 30 miles of Rainier Park.

• Visited September 2013