“Check your prices”

Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Copper Creek Restaurant is a friendly old fashioned restaurant with a menu to include burgers, steaks, seafood, our famous homemade blackberry pie and homemade breads. Copper Creek has been in continuous operation since 1946 and is a well known spot to enjoy a meal.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The copper-top cinnamon rolls were $5.99 for half a dozen. We asked for 2 and we bought a few souvenir items with them.

We didn't look at our receipt until we'd driven away - our mistake. We were charged $5 for 2. If they were $2.50 each or $5.99 for 6, wouldn't it have been polite to have pointed out to us the 'single' price?

To add injury to insult: they were as dry as the morning paper. (day old?) Couldn't eat them and they ended up in the garbage.

Moral of the story: ask when the goods were baked and check your receipt. Maybe sample what you're buying before you drive away.

I know this is a highly rated eatery so our experience must be anomaly. They have great souvenir & gift items and the inside of the place is well-appointed and cheerful.

1  Thank NorthCountryWriter

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Breakfasts are famous in the area but, dinner options are more elaborated, fresh and well prepared. Amazing food that connects perfectly with the natural surroundings of the Mt. Rainier park and mountains ambiance.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Breakfast here is lovely -- classic French toast, pancakes, eggs, etc but with homemade touches like blackberry syrup and butter. The blackberry pie is fabulous and I would certainly recommend stopping in for pie and coffee. Dinner was just okay -- a bit expensive for diner food.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wish I would have gotten the chowder and the mini loaf of bread that came with it. They were both very tasty and my partner enjoyed every bit of it while I ate my somewhat greasy fish and chips. The chips were very good though--crispy. We almost went back for dinner just to get more chowder!
The blackberry pie a la mode was delicious!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed the night in a cabin at Wellspring Spa Resort just down the road from the Copper Creek Inn Restaurant on Saturday, April 13, 2013, so we decided to have dinner there. I had the Flat Iron Steak dinner and my husband chose the Cod dinner. The dining experience started with a loaf of warm homemade white bread with blackberry butter, and 4 pieces of cheesy bread which we chose. Next came the salad with choice of dressing. My husband chose the honey mustard which he stated was heavenly. Both dinners were fabulous!!!

The next morning we went back for breakfast before going home. Again...we had a wonderful meal. We just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try their homemade cinnamon rolls (copper toppers). They were packed full of cinnamon and came to our table warm. They definitely are sinful and melt in your mouth. Following...my husband had biscuits and gravy with a side of sausage. I had bacon & eggs. Everything was delicious! The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the wait staff was pleasant and welcoming. We will not hesitate to go back!

Been to Copper Creek Inn Restaurant? Share your experiences!