The room was clean, not fancy but spacious. The upstairs room gave us a beautiful view. Loved the friendly staff and the food in the historic lodge was tasty and priced right. The Mt Ranier Express train is right down the road, along with EZ times horse rentals! I would recommend this lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing lodging for all climbers, hikers, skiers or anyone visiting the Mount Rainier area. Whether you are climbing with a Guide Service or Independently, hiking in the Alpine Meadows, or just want a place to relax, Whittaker's Motel & Historic Bunkhouse has been the spot since 1990! The Bunkhouse was built in 1912 to house loggers and mill workers in the Ashford Valley. Renovated in 1990 by Lou and Ingrid Whittaker, Whittaker's Motel & Historic Bunkhouse offers lodging in 18 cozy rooms with private baths, or for those seeking a more Hostel-like environment, the Bunk Room sleeps up to 6 people with shared bathroom and shower. Whittaker's Motel & Historic Bunkhouse is located in "downtown" Ashford, a tiny community in the Nisqually Valley. Enjoy the rustic charm of a former logging town with a panoramic view of the foothills of the majestic Mount Rainier, all within walking distance of shops, restaurants, post office and a local Pub. Rainier Mountaineering Inc. Is also based next door at the Whittaker Mounaineering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whittaker`s Motel And Historic Bunkhouse Hotel Ashford
- Whittakers Bunkhouse Ashford