Deep Forest Cabins at Mt. Rainier
$190
Alexander's Lodge(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$110
$129
Mountain Meadows Inn(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$130
Copper Creek Inn(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
$130
$140
Mountain View Lodge(Packwood)(Great Value!)
$115
$98
  • Breakfast included
$150
$140
Official Site
All reviewscedar grovethe barnguest housethe kitchenwindow seathot tubthe grillthought of everythingwonderful treatoutdoor jacuzzihuge windowspark entrancetwo nightsminute drivecoffee grinderafter a long daydown the road
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We booked a cabin after I've read the many great reviews. My husband and I went up to Mount Rainier Nat. Park for an extended weekend (4 days), and booked the cabin for our base. We were not disappointed.
We stayed at the Maple Wild cabin.

Yes, the cabins are really right next to the park entrance. Perfect! And they are grouped together, but still very isolated (ours definitely was).

Reservation and check-in was a breeze, very uncomplicated and friendly. The property owners are really nice and down to earth. We even checked in early. Maps and directions to the cabin were also well prepared and easy to find.

The road to the cabin was steep but easily navigated. We have a Subaru Forester, but we saw all types of vehicles parked in front of the other cabins (so, no 4-wheel drive required, at least not after winter).

The cabin was very clean, and well stocked with everything you need.
The kitchen had really everything you could think of! I was impressed.
The bathroom had thick, lush towels (4 sets of everything, and since we were only two, we had more than enough!), and was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap. The water pressure was great (good shower), and the water got nice and hot.

Yes, there is no internet or TV reception - but why are you vacationing? Exactly. Just know these facts, and bring your favorite things: games, books, magazines...
And yes, the cell phone reception is almost nonexistent (my husband has Verizon, but we still hardly got reception). But as I said before - it's not necessarily a bad thing: it makes you truly let go and start your vacation. There is a landline provided in a little hut, should there be an emergency (we didn't need to use it). And once you are back on the main road, the reception is back - so you can check if all is well back home.

I loved the Maple Wild cabin especially because of its location: it sits on its own at the end of a little drive, next to a little clearing. I like the forest, but I like a little sunlight even more. And the Maple Wild definitely gives you that (if the sun shines, that is). The cabin itself has a very open, welcoming floor plan with lots of windows (I attached pictures that hopefully show this). It was perfect for the two of us. I loved that the bedroom is a loft (but cleverly designed with curtains you can draw for privacy, if you are more than just 2). The cabin decor was very nice; the couch looked new.
The deck out back gets nice sun in the afternoon and is completely isolated.
I should mention the Maple Wild cabin is accessed by stairs (easy to navigate, and railing provided).

We stayed in June, and didn't have great luck with the weather. But this cabin surely made up for it, and we had a wonderful time, even if the mountain was mostly hiding behind heavy mist & clouds. I loved the hot tub; it was a wonderful treat in the cold misty evenings.
You can hear the road from the deck, but there wasn't much traffic, and after I first registered it, I never really heard it again.

I also want to mention the water: the cabins have well water - and I totally fell in love with the taste! Coming from Portland, I'm used to clean, fresh water. But this was so delicious - I greedily filled my little hiking bottle when we left (wishing I had more to fill), and drank it all the way back home.

I feel that the owners, Janet and Pat, really care for the cabins, keeping them in great condition (which is no small feat in this kind of rain forest!), and providing new amenities. It makes these cabins very personable and cozy. Thank you for offering us all a part of your little heaven!

6  Thank sunhilt
Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you plan to visit Mt. Rainier, this is the perfect place to stay- it's near the Longmire entrance and is a great forest experience. The varied and unique cabins are located in a "lord of the rings" forest with moss covered boulders , ferns and tiny flowers. The cabins are stocked with artful linens, and decor. The innkeepers are friendly, arty world travelers who are descendants of settlers of the the Ashford/Rainer area. You will like staying there a lot- there are good local restaurants - Wildberry has Nepali food which was excellent!

Room Tip: Hard to recommend one cabin over another as they are all different and different sizes- check out their web site to make a choice good for you- the site has really good pictures of each of the cabins.
3  Thank Laura A
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in The Cedar Grove Cabin and were delighted by it's charming ambience, the wonderful outdoor hot tub and the well thought out kitchen area - well provided with every thing that one would need for a short stay. Even foil and plastic bags .We shopped in Eatonville before arriving as there is little available locally. The Cabins are literally a few yards from the Entrance to Mount Rainier and the ticket to the Park is valid for a week - very useful if you intend leaving the area through the Parks other exits on your departure.
The high quality linens and wonderful bed made sleeping a dream! The dressing gowns were a nice extra - especially after the hot tub.
One word of warning - MOSSIES - make sure you take your spray and creams!

Room Tip: Cedar grove Cabin was perfect for two.
4  Thank Pengor
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I can't mention enough great things about this cozy cabin. I stayed in the very well maintained Chantilly guesthouse. The room and bathroom were a nice size and is the most basic of the cabins so it does not have any of the extra's like the others but was just enough for what I needed. It is situated in a beautiful setting overlooking pine mountains with snowcap on them. The park entrance is less than a 5 minute car ride. Janet, the owner, was as sweet and nice of a person as you could ever meet. Thanks Janet for the memorable experience and great hospitality!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was our second stay at Deep Forest Cabins. The first time we stayed at the Maple Wild Cabin and this time we stayed at the Barn Owl Loft. Both times were just perfect. The size of the cabin and loft, the cleanliness, the hot tub, the bathroom, the kitchen, and everything else. No detail goes unnoticed by the innkeepers. I'm picky, they're pickier. Of course the setting is near Mt. Rainier so I don't need to elaborate on that. My only reluctance was to share this with others because it might be harder to make reservations next time.

1  Thank BobK729