“Third time at Copper Creek, first time in the Copper Creek Log Cabin”
Review of Copper Creek Inn

and 1 more site!
Copper Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Ashford B&B and Inns
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Third time at Copper Creek, first time in the Copper Creek Log Cabin”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have stayed before in the Dream Weaver Cabin, the Art Studio Cabin, and now in the Copper Creek Log Cabin. Although we loved them all, this one is our favorite.

For our needs, this cabin is perfect, and in some ways better than the others we've stayed at. The 2-person hot tub is just out the back door on the private deck, no need to walk more than a couple steps, always in privacy. The restaurant is right next door, so very convenient, and yet because of the trees and the way the cabin is situated, we never noticed the people coming and going.

The cabin was spotless when we arrived. Plenty of towels, kitchen fully stocked with everything we needed, and the gas fireplace kept the cabin nice and warm. Extra blankets too, we didn't need anything more. This is the historic cabin, built in the 50's. There is information and pictures in the cabin about the builder, all very interesting!

The only thing that was of (very minor) concern was the smoke alarm seemed to be very sensitive. There was a small crumb left in the burner from a previous occupant and that set off the smoke alarm, and then the steam from the shower when the bathroom door was opened. But that was only minor, and it stopped fairly quickly.

When we were there, it was an unusually warm day for January, and there was lots of traffic going to Mt. Rainier. Because of that, the restaurant was very crowded our second night. Since our cabin was right next door, we just called and got some take-out. Our meal was ready quickly and efficiently. Every time we went to the restaurant (4 times) the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

I know we will be booking the Copper Creek Log Cabin again, we loved it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
APO
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Being local, I have been here a number of times. I have stayed in their cabin, which is very cozy and their food is great. However, their restaurant service is terrible. I have been left standing, waiting for staff to acknowledge my existence on so many occasions that I won't go there anymore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank dyandra32
CatharineG, Owner at Copper Creek Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
We are so sorry you found the service at the restaurant was not good. We are constantly working to improve. I have shared your review with our restaurant staff. Hopefully we can resolve the problem. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you will give us another chance. Please identify yourself through email, and I will issue a gift certificate to use on your next visit.
Palouse, Washington
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Skiing trips at Paradise and coming here for pie and coco - 52 years ago, .Excellent pie still - and now wine available. Took 3 generations for Pie and Ice Cream and wine for adults for 35th wedding celebration.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the cozy little Sky cabin one night as a romantic getaway without the kids. Although we arrived later than we intended we had dinner in the restaurant and our friendly server provided us a map and directions to our cabin as it was dark and we didn't know where we were going. The cabin was quaint and clean, aside from one dirty glass we found. We wish we could stay more than one night! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank straykittn
Boston MA Area
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family of 4 (including 2 teenagers) stayed in the "Frenchie's Suite" over the restaurant for one night. This is s 2 bedroom room (1 queen in each room) which had some positives and negatives -
Positives - the staff in the restaurant was very helpful getting us set up and into the room. The hotel did send an email with the instructions for the room but I couldn't find it in my stuff. One of the staff came up in the morning and looked through the housekeeping room to find a hair dryer for me (apparently there is only 1 in the hotel), even though the restaurant was pretty busy.
The hot tub was pleasant, and being outdoors, a nice experience with the woods all around you.
The room is quirky in a pleasant sense, and the decorations tell you right away that this is no ordinary chain hotel (look very carefully at the pictures on the website so you know what you're getting). The beds were comfy, as was the rest of the room. It was serviceable, but a little tight (hard to find room for everybody's suitcase). The bathroom is out of the living/bedroom area, and feels like you're going to another room (it's all within the locks for suite, so no worries), so it adds to the quirkiness.
The restaurant is good for both dinner and breakfast. There is a lot with blackberries (including their justifiably "famous" blackberry pie); try all of it.
The negatives - the rooms do not have AC and are cooled by fans, which I was fine with. What I wasn't fine with was that at least 1 window did not have a screen on it, which meant that bugs came in to the fan in front of the window. I had to shut some windows for the night to keep the bugs out. Also, the room is right over the dumpsters for the restaurant, and we had a strong, unpleasant odor going through our bedroom in the morning (not what you want to wake up to!)
The bedrooms look right over the street. There isn't much traffic at night, so this wasn't a big deal, but there is some road noise. There was a large delivery of food at 630 AM, so we heard the movement of the fork truck back and forth to the truck while it was unloaded.
The TV/DVD player combination was interesting - there's no CATV service, so you have to watch movies (how can they have internet service (which was down the whole time we were there), but not CATV?). Unfortunately, I couldn't get a DVD to play in either the built-in or separate player, so we only could watch videos.
There is almost nowhere to put anything in the bathroom - no vanity or countertop space to be found. All of wastebaskets could hold little more than a postage stamp. There is a porch off the room which we used to access the room to move out our luggage. It is badly in need of sweeping off; there is debris from the trees all over it. Overall, for the price, I wouldn't tell you not to stay here, but I would tell you to check other options in the area before making your decision.

Room Tip: this review is only for Frenchie's Suite over the restaurant - I didn't stay in (or even see...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter S
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our suite was so interesting, not the usual run of the mill motel room. It was very comfortable, and although no air conditioning, was equipped with three very efficient fans. The only drawback might be the traffic noise if a light sleeper and having the windows open.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place is a good restaurant which I strongly recommend.As for the hotel, I spent the second-worst hotel night of my life there! The temperature in the room was so high and the noise from the fans, both in my room and in the other rooms, so loud that I could not get a proper sleep. It was still unbearably hot at 4am. This old building is just not suited to be a hotel. In addition, the wifi was down, staff was not available even during the limited hours for check-in (a restaurant waiter checked me in during the diner rush and had no time to give me any information about the area), and the room was so small I could not open my suitcase in it. The owner was arrogant and irresponsive and the whole experience so bad it could give rise to litigation. Go there to eat only and sleep in any of the nearby motels or hotels instead. You'll be much better treated with proper welcome and a spacious room in which you actually can sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Christophe P
blackberrypieala, Owner at Copper Creek Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Below is email correspondence with guest. He never notified us during his stay of any complaints. Complimentary phone in the guest room hallway is for this purpose. Guest received his email confirmation explaining self check in procedures, his keyless entry code, free guest parking, and a request to notify us so we have the opportunity to remedy any concerns.

Hi Phil,

I greatly enjoyed the breakfast and diner at Copper Creek yesterday. I enjoyed the night a bit less: the heat and the constant motor noise in another room (a generator?) prevented me from sleeping. I am hiking and driving around quite a bit. Not being well rested means that I am no longer a safe driver, so I cannot afford to spend another night like this. I won’t be staying at the Inn tonight.

I hope you understand and would appreciate if you could refund me the second night.

Apologies for not being in touch earlier – I’ve had no internet access until now.

Cheers,

Chris
________

Hello Christophe. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. It is much cooler tonight. I am not sure what noise you are referring to..no generators should have been operating. We did not not receive your cancellation email until 7pm tonight, 8 hours past check out and too late to get the room ready for another guest. Per your confirmation, we ask guests to let us know if there is anything needing attention on arrival so we may have the opportunity to remedy any concerns. Per the cancellation policy on the website and in your confirmation, we are unable to offer refunds or credits unless we are able to rebook reservations cancelled within 14 days of the reservation. Since we had no opportunity to remedy your concerns, you used the room and the room was held for you the second day and night, we are unable to offer any refunds or credits. You are welcome to stay tonight if you are still in the area as we cannot open the room for another guest. Thank you. Phil
_________________

Sure. I’ll be sure to put a good word for you on the websites.

Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Copper Creek Inn? Share your experiences!