“Good breakfast buffet”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Franklin , TX
“Good breakfast buffet”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had the breakfast buffet here on 8/5/14. It was $15.95 for adults, and included drinks. It was very good, with a range of hot foods. I especially loved the cheese blintzes. Hubby had bacon, eggs, and biscuits and gravy.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank sandyld7

Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family of 4, including 9 and 11-year-olds, enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. We didn't have to wait for seating (no reservations taken) and our food was served in a reasonable amount of time. It was fresh and presented very well. The attention by the server was wonderful.

We also had wonderful service in the lobby. I do wish I could remember the gentleman's name--he was a hoot, joking with the kids and playing a little joke on my son with me.

My only negative was the overall cost. It was expensive, but we knew that going into dinner. It would be hard to spend more than a night there and only eat at the inn's restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Seattle Eastside
“Greatest place on earth but food has gone downhill!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visit Paradise and stay at the Inn once or twice each year and have had many enjoyable meals in the dining room. This year was different. Food was overlooked, dry, and looked like it had been sitting under a warmer for far too long. Time for the park service to find a different vendor to operate this venue. Sorry! But this was truly disappointing.

• Visited August 2014
Orange
“Nice variety of selections.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Interesting menu and good serving sizes but a bit pricey. It was fun talking to the servers who were from all over the world. They don't take reservations so be prepared to wait a few minutes at peak times.

Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Rustic atmosphere in a beautiful setting...”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

For my son's birthday, we decided to get a cabin in Packwood and take the drive up to the Paradise Inn to celebrate his special day. Beautiful drive from Packwood up to Paradise and of course, had to stop at the Grove of the Patriarchs. Wow! We preceded on to the Paradise Inn as we were both looking forward to dinner in the old lodge. We entered the lodge's great room and saw to the left the entrance to the dining room. A nice young girl sat us at the first window seat which had a great view of Mt. Rainier. The service seemed a bit slow as we waited for several minutes and actually had to ask a busser (someone who cleans off the tables) if we could have some water and see our server. We got someone from Jamaica who was very nice. But once he took our order, was nonexistent. Had to keep asking the busser for more water and extra bread while we waited for dinner. The manager brought our dinner out. We had the bourbon buffalo meatloaf and the cornish game hen. The meatloaf was really dry but good. My game hen was cooked way too long to the point it was burned. So I had to send it back and didn't get anything to replace it as my son had already eaten his dinner. The manager was very apologetic and comped my meal and then brought a piece of cheesecake (world's smallest my son said) for a complimentary dessert for his 30th birthday. Regardless of the not so good food (but not the worst) and how nice the manager was I still give the Paradise Inn a 4 out of 5 because food being served to other people looked really good and looked like they enjoyed it. Plus, the ambiance in there is marvelous! Love the place and we will definitely give it another try when we're in the area.

• Visited July 2014