My wife and I were travling the NW area for a week and booked a 1-night stay at Alexander's. The pictures of the place on the website made it look a lot more attractive than it really was. There aren't many places to stay that are as close to Rainier Park, but for the price ($100+) we expected more. The staff were fairly friendly, and the food was good (if expensive). But the bedrooms were very small (not much larger than the really squishy queen bed) and the bathroom was tiny (you could easily have washed your hands in the sink in front of you, while sitting on the toilet). The hot tub was a joke, like something at a frat house. They do provide complimentary wine in the evenings, and the great room was comfortable (if a bit dingy). We met some very pleasant other couples who loved staying there often, so maybe it was just not for us. But overall, convenient to the park, but not a good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Lodge located in Ashford, WA. One-mile from Mount Rainier NP. Queen rooms, suites & vacation homes available. Moderate prices. Beer & wine available for purchase. Gift shop and tiny trail on-site. Trout feeding activity available on-site. Famous guests to this place include Presidents Theodore Roosevelt & William Taft. Alexander's Lodge is listed in the Washington historic registry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Alexander's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander`s Country Inn, Restaurant & Day Hotel Ashford
- Alexander`s Country Inn, Restaurant And Day Spa
- Country Inn Ashford
- Ashford Country Inn