“Nisqually Lodge”
Review of Nisqually Lodge

Nisqually Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ashford
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nice place to stay if you are looking to go to Mt. Rainier National Park - very close to it. The rooms were super huge. The price is very reasonable considering the location. They have laundry services and a small breakfast in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SWMN87

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My father and I stayed in this lodge on a mid-week near the end of March. We've stayed at the National Park Inn within the Park before but their prices were much higher and the rooms in general were less spacious. Nisqually Lodge is only a few minutes from the Park's entrance and there are several eating places nearby. We had a quiet night's rest (no airplane noise) and an adequate breakfast. Everything was working in the room and the view toward the forest was inviting. We would definitely stay there again. Probably in the busy summer months one would be aware of the other guests and the breakfast area could get crowded. It does pay to travel in the off-season!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back. It would be quieter and have a forest view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank seattlemusician
Reviewed December 17, 2011

This was a very nice & reasonable place to stay right outside of Mt. Rainer National Park as we continued our Motorcycle trips around North America. The Owners & staff were very helpful in providing us with all the information we needed on Mt. Rainier & the surrounding area. There were several good places to eat within a short distance keeping in mind that you are in National Park area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GoldWingHuntleyIL
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I were in the area to climb Mt Rainier with three other friends. I decided not to climb and needed a place to stay for one night- did not want to stay in the campground by myself. Since we were late in the season, the hotel was not full, so getting a room on short notice was easy. In fact, we delayed the climb a day due to weather and when I called and miraculously reached the front desk by cell phone from up on the mountain, I requested to change my reservation to the next night and was told there would be no charge. He (the owner?) was very nice and friendly as was his wife the next afternoon when I checked in. I had a room on the first floor, very spacious and clean. Yes, the decor is a bit outdated, but it is clean and in good condition. It serves climbers- we don't need fancy. It's all about our gear- not the hotel. I needed safe, close to mountain, clean and friendly- got it. There is great wifi in the rooms, no fridg or microwave, but as mentioned, there is access to a fridge and micro in the lobby with access to hot cocoa, coffee and tea 24/7. The hotel is located just outside of town in a beautiful wooded area. When I checked out the next morning, the rate was actually less than I had been quoted - nice surprise - good value! Worked great for me and I would recommend this to any one visiting the area, not just climbers!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank whoznchargehere
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were a family of 4 adults spending the weekend exploring Mt. Rainier. The room was adequate for sleeping, the continental breakfast was convenient, the shower pressure was great. What impressed us was the Wildberry Restaurant just down the street heading into the park. We ate dinner there after hiking the famous Skyline Trail at Paradise. The red-skin potatoe soup was to die for. All 4 of us raved about our meals. We were so pleased, before we retired for the night, we went back for the famous blackberry pie. A MUST DO! We couldn't wait for dinner and our late night snack again the next day. Be sure to eat at the Wildberry Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BostonYellow
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My wife and I planned a Portland-Seattle-Vancouver trip and decided to stop at Mt. Rainier for a night between Portland and Seattle. We really enjoyed the Nisqually Lodge, as the rooms were very spacious and the lodge hostess/owner was friendly and helpful. She gave a great suggestion to eat at the Wild Berry restaurant, which was also great.

The room was comfortable and quiet, and it had its own HVAC unit, as well as a window that opened and a nice forest view. In addition, there was a full sized fridge in the hall, which we were able to utilize.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the location was perfect for a day of waterfall viewing on Mt. Rainier. We were able to take a quick afternoon drive to Christine falls on the day we arrived, and then we checked out early the following day to hike up to Comet falls, which was well worth it.

The lodge has maps on display, as well as guide books for sale. If we return to this area, we will surely stay at the Nisqually Lodge.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, which may be preferable, as you will hear the lobby less.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat M
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Nisqually lodge met our needs for a one night stay. The location is great being so close to Mount Rainier NP. The breakfast buffet was certainly enough food for our family. The rooms were a bit dated on the dacor, but everything was clean and well maintained. The rooms are certainly larger than most chain hotel current offerings.

We ate at the Copper Creek Inn down the road. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: No early check in was allowed, so arrive around 3 to get choice of rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
#1 of 5 in Packwood
Crest Trail Lodge
Crest Trail Lodge
#3 of 5 in Packwood

Been to Nisqually Lodge? Share your experiences!