“Such a beautiful and romantic place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashford
Stormking Spa at Mt. Rainier
Bruck an der Leitha, Austria
“Such a beautiful and romantic place!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here two nights and we loved it! I was really looking forward to this accomodation and i didn't regret it at all! It was spacious, very clean with microwave and a fridge with some breakfast snacks. The cabin was situated hidden and we didn't see any other guests and could relax in this great hot tub after a wonderful day hiking in Mt Rainier N.P. We saw some dears on the ground and there was also deer treat to feed them but they didn't come so close. It was so idyllic! From our bed we could watch the stars through a window in the roof. Deborah and Steve were so friendly and provided is with tips and a hiking guide for the best trips in the N.P. There is a very nice diner in walking distance and also an inn with a restaurant and its very close to the entrance to the N.P. If you are looking for a romantic escape that is the place for it! We loved it!

Room Tip: We had the Wolf Cabin. A large hot tub on our privat patio and two lounge chairs at a privat pond.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seattle
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I visit Stormking, Heron, about every 6 months - when we need to recharge. The most recent trip was over the Christmas holiday. We love the solitude and amenities of Stormking. It's comfortable without being too pretentious. Everything we need is in our yurt. During the winter visits, we barely step outside, except to jump in the hot tub! We've experienced several power outages and the room is stocked to get us through it. The stillness that accompanies a power outage in the yurt is incomparable!
I've often considered getting a vacation home in Ashford. The problem is that nothing I get can compare to my time at Stormking. So instead, it's become my escape. Only 4 more months until I go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We did not stay at the inn but will book for next year for a New Years get away. But we did have a WONDERFUL couples massages. We were so relaxed my boyfriend feel asleep. Deborah and Steve have put a lot of time and effort into their places. We did go and look at the cabins and they are very nice and the deer we walked out the front door from the main house and Deborah came out with a scoop of grain and fed the deer right in front of us. I was so amazed by this.
Thank you for sharing your place with us

Joe and Marla

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kinzers, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in the Wolf Cabin at the end of a 3 week camping trip. This place lived up to our every epecation. The decor was awesome. The bed was awesome, I loved, loved the shower. Will come back again any time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Choose the Wolf Cabin
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stormking was an incredible place for my girlfriend and me. The experience was much more than what was expected. The quiet, comfortable setting is exactly what we needed to disconnect and melt our stress away. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying near Mt. Rainier. We stayed in the Heron and the shower was to die for. Five shower heads felt so very blissful. The spa package was also worth every penny. The owner was completely helpful and very welcoming. We both were sad to leave and wish we could live there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stormking was one of the places I was most looking forward to staying at on our trip around Oregon and Washington, but we were actually pretty disappointed.

There were definitely good points. The location is very convenient for Mt Rainier – one of the closest places to the mountain along the main road into the park, but set back enough from the road that it’s really quiet. The cabin was a great size for the two of us, in a pretty setting by a little pond (you can't see any other cabins from it, but they are all fairly close together), and if there’s a path that takes you, in 30 seconds, to a pretty view down over a babbling brook surrounded by trees. The TV is very cleverly linked up to a central hard drive of hundreds of movies, broken down by genre – the system is easy to use and it’s great to have access to so much entertainment.

However, for us there were more bad points than good. We stayed in plenty of places in the US that felt both welcoming – which to me means thinking about and meeting guests' needs – and really stylish and classy. Stormking didn’t really work on either front for me. The furnishings seemed mismatched, and where there was style, it was often at the expense of substance – for instance, the multi-headed shower looked impressive, but the water pressure was poor, so it was less nice to use than a normal shower. The toilet has no door and the wall separating it from the bed doesn’t reach the ceiling, so, to be brutal, noises and smells can circulate freely, and if you need to turn the light on in the middle of the night, light floods the whole space. There’s a roof light which was both really dirty (so no star-gaving), and had no blind or covering, so we were woken up at dawn. Breakfast is provided, but it’s poor – things like plastic-packed, long-life muffins (and I can’t remember what else, since we didn’t eat it!).

Stormking was one of the most expensive places we stayed at on our trip, and yet, I'm afraid, one of the least nice. We didn't complain, because all this feedback is really totally personal, and I don't complain unless there's something concrete to complain about - but I did think it would be worth letting fellow TAers know a different perspective on the place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank LondonAlicat
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I spent our two year wedding anniversary up at Stormking by Mount Rainier and it was just perfect. From the friendliness of the owners, serenity of your surroundings, rustic elegance of the unique Yurts, relaxation of the superb spa service, nearby country cooking with the best copper toppers at Copper Creek Inn, and the endless wonder of the Mount Rainier National park. There is no reason someone should not share this experience. We are grateful for our time together at Stormking Spa! We only hope this can be an annual vacation!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Stormking Spa at Mt. Rainier? Share your experiences!