“Perfect Honeymoon Cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashford
Stormking Spa at Mt. Rainier
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
“Perfect Honeymoon Cabin”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our experience at Stormking was wonderful! Every little detail was thought of. Deborah (the proprietor) was incredibly gracious and welcoming. The cabin is very private with a hot tub and an amazing shower. I'd recommend partaking in their spa packages as well. The location is also great, with Goat Creek running through the edge of the property and Copper Creek Inn (awesome burgers and beer) close by. If you're planning a trip to Mt. Rainier, Stormking is the perfect place to stay while day-hiking or after a long trip up the mountain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stormking is a truly amazing retreat from the hassles of life. The cabins are lovely in so many ways, as are the grounds. We enjoyed the paths, including the one outside of our cabin that led to a bench overlooking a bubbling brook. (No exaggeration.) We enjoyed the design of the cabin, as well as amenities such as the hot tub. By far, though, the rain shower was the best amenity. I used every excuse to take a shower and have already decided we MUST find a way to put one in our own house! If you're looking for beautify, comfort, and relaxation, Stormking is the place to go.

(I regret that we did not review Stormking immediately after our stay, but seeing that the reviews still reflect our sentiment, we wanted to add to the praise.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luvtravels33
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you have not had the chance to experience Stormking, you should!

It's a fantastic place, leaving you feeling miles away from every-day-life, and able to relax. My husband and I initially made a trip last year, it was motivated by a need to get away and reconnect. I'm not sure we could have been any luckier to end up in such a perfect setting for both!

(We just returned from a 2nd trip, booked as a Christmas present to each other ... and it was once again wonderful.)

Lodging:
The cabins are a unique mix of rustic and modern. You feel as though you've escaped to the woods, but with all the amenities of luxury lodging. Between the incredible walk-in shower, cozy stone fireplace, private hot tub on the back deck, and ridiculously comfortable bed we could have spent our entire stay never leaving the cabin.

Setting:
Each cabin is fairly isolated, leaving you with a feeling of privacy. The landscape is beautiful on it's own, but Steve and Deborah have added some inspired touches that give it even more ambiance.

Activities:
If you end up leaving your cabin, there are things worth exploring nearby. We've enjoyed heading up the mountain for hiking & snow shoeing, as well as wandering into 'town' to visit the local shops and restaurants. The Ashford/Elbe area is not large and doesn't boast a wide variety of shopping/eating options. However, what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality. The Alpine Gallery has beautiful hand-crafted pieces, and the local restaurants we've tried have a lot of "fresh"/"homemade" dishes.

Even if you just stay on the grounds of Stormking, you could more than fill your time with spa treatments (though they need to be scheduled ahead of time). We enjoyed a couples' massage (including hands/feet services & the soaking tub) ... again, wonderful!

I simply have nothing negative to say about Stormking. The cost is not minimal, but you get what you pay for. This last trip was our one big splurge for the year, and we considered it worth every penny. We'll be saving up, and hopefully back next year - maybe even to try the 'new' cabin!

Room Tip: We LOVE the Wolf cabin.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krstanek
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2011

While Mt. Ranier was definitely not our favorite national park to visit, the Stormking was quite nice. We were lucky enough to have a short vacation while family watched our toddler. So, we were looking for peace, quiet and solitude. The weather was what you would expect at Mt. Ranier (mostly rainy with a few patches of sun), so we stayed in the cabin quite a bit.

The location of the Stormking is great. Very easy in/out of the park - which was really nice if you had a break in the rain and wanted to get to park for a quick hike before the deluge resumed. Quicker to get back to Seattle than I expected. Close to a good restaurant (can't remember the name right now - it's listed on TripAdvisor as one of the top restaurants in area).

We really wanted a nice, quiet place to unwind. The Stormking fit the bill perfectly. We never heard anything from our cabin except the rain hitting the roof.

I must confess, I wasn't a huge fan of the lack of a door on the bathroom. I'm sure most people couldn't care less, but I like a little more privacy (note: there was a curtain separating the rooms, and if I were the owner, I don't think I would have put on a door either). The shower, though, was wonderful. Great water pressure, several shower heads - I could have practically fallen asleep in there.

If I were to go back to Mt. Ranier, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Converse99
Silver Creek, Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Ok, Im going to start out with the bad, but remember, I did give this place 4 stars, so its obvious the good definety out weighs the bad! Make sure you read the whole thing and dont just stop at the negative.
So in my opinion the biggest down for me was the space between the cabins. I was expecting space, privacy. I was actually really hoping that I wouldnt even see the other cabins. Unfortunatly thats not the case. They are all in a small area. Ok, they arent right next door or anything but they were closer than I liked. The good thing is that there are so many trees that pretty much block you and the other cabins.
I also didnt like how the bathroom did not have a door. Me and my boyfriend have been together long enough to be comfortable with each other, but still, privacy is always a nice thing to have.
Another thing that my boyfriend complained about was that there was no kitchen. There are not too many places to choice from in the area so we decided to try and keep things cheaper and bring food. We managed and it was fine but a kitchen would be nice. However, if you think about it, if you are staying in a hotel you wont have a kitchen either.
Last but not least is the price. I priced the other cabins in the area and this was one of the more expensive. Not the most expensive but pretty high up there. When I picked this place it was because it seemed like it would have the most privacy. Agian, not the case.
Ok, now that im done with a few of the bad, lets go onto the good. It was definelty unique. The shape of the building along with all the wood style decorations was very comfortable. The fire place and shower had these cute rocks around it and made it a very unique stay.
The bed was soooooo comfortable!! That in itself was almost worth the money. lol. The skylight was awsome. Unfortunatly there were no stars out but I can imagine that would be amazing. The relazing music they left was very soothing. The hot tub was great and I loved that there were speakers near it so you could listen to music in the tub.
My favorite part was the wildlife. I didnt get to feed the deer but I was able to see another couple do it. I did put the "deer food" out and got a couple of blue jays and chipmunks. I know there are allot of blue Jays in Washington, and thats where I live now, but I used to live in Arizona and Im still not used to seeing them so it was defiently a treat.
I loved how in the office they circled the couples name with a heart. Nice touch. The lady was also VERY helpful and very nice.
The place was SPOTLESS. I did not have allot of cash on me so unfortunatly I was unable to tip the cleaning lady very well but she does do an amazing job!!
I also liked how close it was to the park enterance. Right down the road and there you are.
All in all it was an amazing trip. I think I would do it agian. I stayed at the wold cabin. Very nice, but I think next time I would try and stay at the Heron.
Oh, and if you do stay and eat I would suggest copper creek Inn. Very good, a little pricey.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RzsPcs
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in the Raven cabin twice now, both times have been absolutley perfect. The cabin was clean, as was the surrounding area. The private hot tub with the little lights strung around the deck was so amazing to relax to in the evening, with the moonlight streaming down on you. We put our all time favorite, Kenny Chesney cd in the player inside, and the surround sound in the cabin and out by the hot tub just made it that much better. The hammocks are a great way to spend the afternoon in the sun listening to the creek rush nearby. Such a great, relaxing escape from our busy lives.
The owner Deborah & her husband were great as well, very helpful and sweet.
The hot stone massage was hands down the BEST massage I have ever had, and well worth the money.
We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank TMF1989
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We came to West Coast for hiking and relaxing. Our highlight was Stormking cabin (we booked Wolf cabin).
This place is above and beyound. Coming down to earth at this cosy place you remind what really matters. The attention to every detail in the cabin made "The Wolf" to a unique place.
Deborrah gave us hiking hints and guidance which was perfect!

We hope we can come back and enjoy another stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Stormking Spa at Mt. Rainier? Share your experiences!